Question about Facebook/RCTQ

Old January 5th 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G. in CA

Default Question about Facebook/RCTQ

I'm familiar with Facebook but I'm unclear why there is a need to start a
RCTQ group there. Won't it be the same people talking about the same
topics - mainly quilting?

I may have missed the important piece of this conversation that explains my
question. If so, sorry!

Will someone explain what I may have missed? Thanks!!!

--
~~~~~~~
Laurie G. in CA

Old January 5th 09, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

IMO it's a another fad that will fade away but before it does, this group
will become more off topic and more quilters will drift away.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old January 5th 09, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I think the advantage of forming the group would be to make it easier to
find and add new friends. I don't think I'd participate in extra chats very
often.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old January 5th 09, 06:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_2_]

I like it because I don't always have access to newsgroups I usually do
have access to Facebook. Plus there is a little chat thing in facebook
so if you needed immediate help you might find someone that's one line.
I still like the newsgroup but for when I'm away facebook is better.
Just my two cents
Joanna

Old January 5th 09, 10:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

I can't imagine anyone drifting away from RCTQ for facebook. I'm on FB
because my husband wanted me to. And I have been pleased with finding
people from "way back" and renewing old acquaintances. But RCTQ is
different by far. If someone leaves this NG for Facebook then they
probably aren't interested in this kind of quilting community in the
first place. Just IMHO.

Sunny
a bit snippy today cuz of last night's snow
Old January 5th 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I don't think anyone will leave RCTQ for FB either. They are quite
different animals.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old January 5th 09, 11:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_5_]

The suggestion was not to start a RCTQ group on Facebook but to add a
field to the RCTQ directory to _include_ members' facebook names so
others could 'visit' them there if they choose to do so.

-Irene

Old January 5th 09, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G. in CA

Oh, I can understand that concept. That makes sense...... the same as adding
an IM address, etc.

Thanks, Irene, for clarifying that.

Laurie

Old January 6th 09, 11:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
melinda[_2_]

Sunny wrote:
I can't imagine anyone drifting away from RCTQ for facebook. I'm on FB
because my husband wanted me to. And I have been pleased with finding
people from "way back" and renewing old acquaintances. But RCTQ is
different by far. If someone leaves this NG for Facebook then they
probably aren't interested in this kind of quilting community in the
first place. Just IMHO.

Sunny
a bit snippy today cuz of last night's snow

I like the idea of the Facebook group because I occasionally
loose newsgroup access for no apparent reason at random for
random lengths of time. With a Facebook group it gives me
another way to contact people here.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old January 6th 09, 12:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_5_]

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 11:08:34 GMT, melinda wrote:

Sunny wrote:
I can't imagine anyone drifting away from RCTQ for facebook. I'm on FB
because my husband wanted me to. And I have been pleased with finding
people from "way back" and renewing old acquaintances. But RCTQ is
different by far. If someone leaves this NG for Facebook then they
probably aren't interested in this kind of quilting community in the
first place. Just IMHO.

Sunny
a bit snippy today cuz of last night's snow

I like the idea of the Facebook group because I occasionally
loose newsgroup access for no apparent reason at random for
random lengths of time. With a Facebook group it gives me
another way to contact people here.

But....some of us would prefer not to use Facebook at all

I much prefer the newsgroup format - no 'flash' ads, no popups, no
cookies being put on my computer....

-Irene

Facebook RCTQ group JPgirl Quilting 20 January 6th 09 08:50 PM
Question- Outlook Express and RCTQ??? Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 26 January 22nd 08 08:11 AM
RCTQ BOM Question Dannielle Quilting 17 July 2nd 06 08:25 PM
RCTQ Directory question AliceW in NJ Quilting 36 June 6th 06 10:02 PM
RCTQ posting question Karen, Queen of Squishies Quilting 16 April 24th 06 01:21 AM