Misc. Sewing Projects/Half Square Quilt

Old May 21st 16, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Misc. Sewing Projects/Half Square Quilt

I did finish the Emerald Wave chevron quilt. Been trying to use up my left overs here and there. I have three dog/cat mats started and waiting to get some thin batting for centers. I had extra blocks from the Chevron and took them apart and made hots pads which still need the binding to sew by hand in the back of pads. Made a baby crib quilt with more left overs. Did have to buy a couple fabrics 1/2 yds. each, one has baby turtles. Going to give all these items to the Senior Centers craft show which is in Nov.
Working on the Half Square Quilt from Missouri Star Quilt Co. You can see the tutorial by going there. My quilt has pink prints of 2 1/2 in strips sewn together(remember after the first two strips are sewn together, then reverse each strip by sewing on the other end from where you started. Cut the background fabric into a block and then cut the sewn strips into the same size block; now sew around all 4 sides of the two blocks with fronts facing each other, then cut horizontally both ways. You get two different blocks. Start sewing the blocks together. I started with block 1, then 2 to make it as wide as you want. The 2nd row I reversed the order by sewing #2 first, then 1, then just continue this method until the quilt is as long as you need.
Enjoy,
Sandy$
Old May 21st 16, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

wrote in message

[...]

Sound like you enjoyed sewing all these things! I have started a few small
projects, but mostly taking up some of my clothes sine I lost a few lbs.
Barbara in cool SC

Old May 22nd 16, 04:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Barbara inc SC,
I get tired of just doing quilting, so like to try other things and I envy you on the weight loss. I seem to stay about the same. I should learn to push myself away from the table.
Sandy$

Half square triangles Sally Swindells[_3_] Quilting 5 July 14th 11 01:43 PM
Ideas for Half-Square Triangles? Johanna Gibson Quilting 22 July 12th 07 05:30 PM
Half-square triangles Betsy Ross Quilting 2 November 4th 05 09:39 PM
half square triangle ? DQLTS Quilting 9 July 12th 05 04:36 PM
half square triangels Helen in MN Quilting 6 January 6th 04 06:54 PM