Happy day after

Old November 25th 11, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AllisonH

Default Happy day after

For those who celebrated thanksgiving yesterday here is an offering from
one of my favorite cartoonists:

http://www.rhymeswithorange.com/word...1125_large.gif

I must admit...leftovers are one of the best parts of a big meal.

Allison
Old November 25th 11, 05:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

http://www.rhymeswithorange.com/word..._with_Orange.2...

I must admit...leftovers are one of the best parts of a big meal.

Allison

that cartoon so very much describes my husband! Thank you!
Old November 26th 11, 12:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_3_]

On 25/11/2011 15:48, AllisonH wrote:
For those who celebrated thanksgiving yesterday here is an offering from
one of my favorite cartoonists:

http://www.rhymeswithorange.com/word...1125_large.gif

I must admit...leftovers are one of the best parts of a big meal.

Allison

My toddler is in love with pumpkin pie and we've had it nonstop for
months now. I think I may have hit my limit with the stuff! I got him
to make banana/oatmeal/blackberry muffins on Wednesday and he ate 3 of
them during the day, so maybe distraction is working.....

-- Jo in Scotland
Old November 27th 11, 01:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Thanks. I thought I was the only one that enjoyed apple pie Friday
morning. I was too full and tired to eat any dessert on Thursday. Pie
was sitting there when I walked in the kitchen for breakfast. The
thought of apple turnovers crossed my mine and I asked myself what is
the difference between turnovers and pie? Nothing. So I enjoyed pie
for breakfast but I left off the ice cream.

Susan

Old November 27th 11, 11:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

And why confine it to holidays? DH loves having his birthday cake for
breakfast.
Roberta in D

Old November 27th 11, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rose in CA[_3_]

On Nov 26, 4:26*pm, Susan Laity Price
wrote:
*Thanks. I thought I was the only one that enjoyed apple pie Friday
morning. I was too full and tired to eat any dessert on Thursday. Pie
was sitting there when I walked in the kitchen for breakfast. The
thought of apple turnovers crossed my mine and I asked myself what is
the difference between turnovers and pie? Nothing. So I enjoyed pie
for breakfast but I left off the ice cream.

Susan

Definitions of what it means to be a "Yankee"
1. To people living outside of the Western hemisphere = a person who
live in the US
2. To people living outside of New England = a New Englander
3. To New Englanders = a person who lives in Maine, or "down East"
4. To a "down Easter" = a person who eats Apple Pie for breakfast.

True! :-)

Rose in CA (whose BIL hails from down East and who eats Apple Pie any
time of day)

Old November 28th 11, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AllisonH

On 27/11/2011 12:51 PM, Rose in CA wrote:
On Nov 26, 4:26 pm, Susan Laity
wrote:
Thanks. I thought I was the only one that enjoyed apple pie Friday
morning. I was too full and tired to eat any dessert on Thursday. Pie
was sitting there when I walked in the kitchen for breakfast. The
thought of apple turnovers crossed my mine and I asked myself what is
the difference between turnovers and pie? Nothing. So I enjoyed pie
for breakfast but I left off the ice cream.

Susan

Definitions of what it means to be a "Yankee"
1. To people living outside of the Western hemisphere = a person who
live in the US
2. To people living outside of New England = a New Englander
3. To New Englanders = a person who lives in Maine, or "down East"
4. To a "down Easter" = a person who eats Apple Pie for breakfast.

My parents come from the Canadian Maritimes (right next door to Maine)
so I guess that's why I have an "apple pie for breakfast" gene! As do my
kids....the only time an apple pie lasted more than 24 hours in our
house was when it was a "store-bought" pie. I learned my lesson and
only did that once! LOL
Allison