OT bizarre bazzar

Old September 15th 10, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

Default OT bizarre bazzar

On Sep 12, 11:55*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Did I spell that right?
* * I'm puzzled.
* * The little group for Newborns in Need is permitted a booth at some local
October bazaar 'if' they offer crocheted kitchen items.
* * ( I don't particularly know that anybody ever makes money at a bazaar
but reckon somebody must.)

Yup, the organizers/sponsors (booth fees, baked goods, etc.)

* * So. *I bought a couple of hanks of cotton yarn and crocheted a pot
holder. *I don't think anybody would want it, certainly wouldn't buy it
myself.
* * Do any of you go to bazaars and would you buy a crocheted kitchen item
and what in the Sam Hill would it be? *We support Newborns in Need and would
like to help them raise some dollars for their small budget but this one has
me baffled. *Maybe I should get out more. *Polly

I gotta go with the folks suggesting to skip the bazaar and come up
with another plan. I've been out of the A&C circuit since my health
went south, but I learned a lot the decade I was in it. I'm sure
there are some other folks on the group who can say the same or more.
Would it make any sense to get accts. on one or more of ebay/etsy/
craig's list, etc. and sell some stuff directly that way (proceeds to
go to wherever). There'd be little ri$k (cash outlay for a booth) and
a way to test the market waters for what folkses want (or will buy).
Good luck with the endeavor.

Doc