Not OT Wishing to trade

Old October 22nd 05, 04:55 PM
Ginger in CA

Default Not OT Wishing to trade

I am looking for a copy of "Celtic Quilts; A New Look for ancient
designs" by Beth Ann Williams (pub 2000). I have been out-bid on eBay
twice now for this book. If anyone has a copy they no longer want in
their collection, or for some reason have two copies (ask me how I know
how this can be done!), I would love to trade fabric of $$ for it.

Please email me privately.

Thanks in advance,
Ginger in CA

Old October 22nd 05, 05:20 PM
CNY/VAstitcher

Give me me a chance to go through my books. I *know* I have a celtic
quilting book somewhere

Old October 22nd 05, 05:48 PM
Kim E

Amazon.com has it
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

I LOVE this book. I have, however, come up with a better way (for me).
I mark the design on the fabric and straight stitch it before placing
the bias strips. This gives you a guildline for placing the strips AND
it stabilizes the sandwich.

Kim

Old October 22nd 05, 06:12 PM
Ginger in CA

Thank you both. I will wait for Larisa's search results!

I do the old fashioned and long method in Celtic work. Handstitch
everything down, Take my time, Make my own bias. I have found the
Celtic work is my most relaxing time. That and working on Mz Bfly's
two-fabric applique for her dr! )

Ginger in CA

Old October 22nd 05, 06:14 PM
Julia in MN

Looks like it's available on amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/156...oks&v=glanc e

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old October 22nd 05, 06:33 PM
CNY/VAstitcher

Got it!! I thought that was the book that i had. Mother gave it to me
when I first started quilting because of my scottish-irish heritage.
However, bias-work is not something that I have developed the patience
for. If you are in the directory, I will try to get it out to you next
week. And if you feel moved to, you can always do"whel around the sun"
or "The Island" for me grin.

I just need to make a cuople copies of some pictures...have to combine a
Celtic Knot with a Native American Dreamcatcher for the wall in our
family room, and some of these look like they might work.

Larisa

Old October 22nd 05, 11:48 PM
Ginger in CA

Replied to privately.

Hmmmm will have to add "The Island" to my list of projects to do. If I
can ever get a winning Lottery ticket, I'll be able to stop working so
hard and have time to do everything )

Ginger in CA

Old October 23rd 05, 02:26 AM
Christina in Ok

can also be found on half.com, which is part of eBay.

http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQcp...68QQprZ1663474

oups.com...

Old October 23rd 05, 04:32 AM
Ginger in CA

Thanks all. My DH is shaking his head at the resourcefulness and
friendliness of this group! Larisa and I will work out a trade. DH is
pleased to know some of the stash is leaving, even if it is to fit in
another book )

Have a peace-filled/piece-filled day,
Ginger in CA
still counting on the day somewhere in the future when I can retire
from full-time outside-the-house work, and devote more time to my
passions.