OT for my friends who have Christmas Trees

Old December 22nd 05, 04:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default OT for my friends who have Christmas Trees

What hangs on your tree? Are the ornaments store-bought, homemade,
made by the kids, knitted, or crocheted?

Mine are a mixture of homemade and store bought. Some come from places
that we have been to and others are from my in-laws vacation trips.
Some are cross stitched, plastic canvas, but most are beaded. I don't
have any crocheted ornaments, only chains that my DD has stitched and
tied into bows.

I wish a Peacefull and Warm Holiday filled with Joy to all my RCTY
friends.

Diane

Old December 22nd 05, 07:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I have a mixture of everything on our tree! Even stuff my kids
made in school when they were little. They still have fun looking
round the tree at *their* ornaments and laughing about them,
remembering when they made them. Some of them are little cut-out type
ornies that have their school pictures inside the middle. I put the
good glass/ornamental things up near the top of the tree and progress
to the wooden/cross stitched/plushy things near the bottom. That way
the cats can't do as much damage. The Christmas tree is the nearest
thing they get to a *billiards* table you know....No tinsel though,
makes the furballs sick.....Have a bunch-well a ton really- of the mini
multi-colored lights all over it too.
Marie and the cats- wishing everyone a Happy Holiday-Merry Christmas

Old December 22nd 05, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mine are a mix too. Only one is made with yarn. (a mother and child
that are basically made of tassels with wooden bead heads) One is a
construction paper
card with my DD's picture as a baby in it and one a star than DS#2 made
in pre-school . DS#1's star finally got too fragile to hand last year.
THe DGD's have added a few too. The rest are a real mix of decorations
acquired over the years. That is my main tree in the living room.
There is also a doll tree - a small articificial one (the main one is
real) - which is decorated with tiny ornaments. It is small enough
that I store it decorated with all but the most fragile ornaments. I
always choose one or two dolls dressed in pajamas to gather by the tree
- and have little packages and doll sized toys underneath. This tree is
in the family room.

Old December 22nd 05, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

My tree has a mix of ornaments on them. Store-bought, and homemade.

Some of my ornaments are also ornaments that my nephew has made me over
the years so it's a wonderful feeling.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Darlene in Toronto

Old December 22nd 05, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mine's a mix too..everything from an wood orca (from being stationed in
Iceland - like I didn't have
a big enuf reminder of that time in my 13-yr old DD LOL! ) to this year's
fake Credit Card ! Whenever we
get the credit card offers in the mail, we usually give them to our 9 yr-old
DD to play with..but she
thought to put one on the tree this year. Funny Child!

Donna In S. Indiana

Old December 24th 05, 08:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

DD2 arrived home on Wednesday and set about getting us ready for Christmas,
in other words putting up decorations. We have 2 Christmas trees in our
small(ish) living/dining room, both artificial (can't cope with the
smell/needles) the larger of which has a variety of things on it varying
from little ornaments mad e by the children when they were small to corn
dolly type ornaments in various shapes. There are a few hand sewn quilted
ornaments, made by a friend and sold at a charity Christmas bazaar and on
the top is the angel I crocheted when we first got married (30+ years ago)
with a large bead for a head and a large sequin for a halo. Looks a bit sad
now but there is NO substitute. If I could work out how to make another (or
found the pattern: unlikely) I'd make one for each of the children for their
own trees, maybe when the grandchildren come along. The other tree is a
fibre-optic one that glitters and flashes and which Ann has dressed with a
selection of crocheted and stiffened stars I made last year for the bazaar
and which didn't sell, so I took that as a sign that they were ours. And
they look good on the little tree. We've also got just about the most
flashing lights I think I've ever seen, in various rooms. Not quite
headache making, but almost! She is now a happy bunny, she loves Christmas
and making everything look sparkly
Hope everyone else has just what makes them happy
Love & higs
Christine

oups.com...