Not entirely off topic

Old May 29th 04, 02:27 PM
Louise

Default Not entirely off topic

Adorable -- both the little ones and the quilt! And congratulations on
conquering mitered corners -- they do give you a sense of accomplishment,
don't they?

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

"dogsnus" wrote in message
The first set of pictures is off topic. They're of my grand-daughter.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsn...%20red%20bow.j
pg

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsn...fs%20chest.jpg

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsnus/images/hailey's%20cone%20head%20do%20r
ag.jpg

Actually,the second set is off topic too.
My grandson P.J. at age 5 months:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsn...s/PJ_IMG07.JPG
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsn...s/PJ_IMG11.JPG

And for the on topic portion,here's the finished quilt
that my SIL and I worked on together. She did the embroider
and I did the rest.
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsn...Babyquilt2.JPG

Close up of embroider before quilting:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsn.../BearClose.JPG

I'm undecided yet whether or not to send it,as I may be
going to see my grand-daughter at the end of June,in which case I will

carry
it with me.
I wish it showed up better,but this is my first mitered corners
quilt. I don't know what I was afraid of,it's not as hard as I
thought it would be and looks so much nicer than my previous
bound quilts. I'm encouraged now to try other border methods.

Terri

Old May 29th 04, 04:33 PM
Sandy Foster

Terri, both of your grandchildren are really adorable, as is the quilt!
Congratulations!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old May 29th 04, 07:17 PM
Shirley Ellen

Beautiful grandchildren Terri, and the quilt is awesome! I have almost
mastered mitred corners... they still turn out a bit rounded but I'm getting
there. It just takes practise I guess.

Shirley

--
My Quilt Site
http://ca.geocities.com/meadow1951/index.html

Inspiring Thoughts
http://members.tripod.com/inspiring-thoughts/index.html

Old May 29th 04, 08:00 PM
Queen of Squishies

Sweetness! Thanks for sharing!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old May 29th 04, 10:45 PM
Joanna

Very nice quilt. I love when people combine different things like
embroidery.
Joanna
--
Remove Quilt to reply

Old May 30th 04, 02:07 PM
me

dogsnus wrote:

"Louise" wrote in news:cd0uc.8043$3x.3776@attbi_s54:

Adorable -- both the little ones and the quilt! And congratulations on
conquering mitered corners -- they do give you a sense of accomplishment,
don't they?

Thank you and yes,I feel good that I braved the mitering challenge.

I finally got a better photo of the GSD quilt after completion,
and it's one of those that looks much better from a distance.
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsn...Mojomemory.JPG

Beautiful! It's exactly like the one I want to make for my
daughter....different dog in the center and fabrics to match her room of
course. Stupid question......are those white strips cut on the bias?

I think a good mitered corner would have enhanced this quilt as well.
Maybe next time. I'm thinking of doing a black lab next, and have found
a pattern of a duck to go on it.

Where are you getting the animal patterns?