FeatherWeight Qwners

Old December 22nd 03, 03:50 AM
nana2b

Hi Paula, She is beautiful! Do you have an idea of her birthday? I bet you
can't wait to get her. I enjoy sewing with Goldie, it amazes me how quiet
she is. Hugs, Linda in Tx

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old December 22nd 03, 01:49 PM
aluap

Thanks Coleen! I sent my money order off yesterday. Don't know if I'll get
her before Christmas, but that's OK because I won't have much time to play
with her right now anyway!

Paula

"Coleen" wrote in message
. ..
Paula --

Congrats (and I'm dancing along with you). Enjoy your new toy.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen
Queen of Loving Stitches

"aluap" wrote in message
May I do a happy dance!? I just won a bid on eBay for a Featherweight!

The
description has everything I wanted, and I am pleased with the price.

I'm
going to be a nervous wreck until I get it! (It's my Christmas present

me..)

Paula

Old December 22nd 03, 02:10 PM
aluap

Hi Linda,

I don't know her birthdate yet. The seller didn't give her number. He just
stated she was made in NJ. He stated he couldn't find the "serial number",
but I'm not sure he knew what/where to look. I did send an Email asking for
it a few hours before I bid, but never got a response (probably not enough
time to answer). I'll just have to wait and see when I get her! I'm
assuming the number for the BD is on the motor where I've seen the other
ones in other auctions. I will be watching closely for the UPS man or FedEx
over the next week, but I think the Christmas rush might slow her down a
bit!

I just took a look at your pics. Goldie is sooo pretty, and your quilts are
gorgeous! I love the pillows...are those figures applique or embroidered?
I've made a few pillows, a couple with applique and a couple with
embroidery. Two of them went to friends (who are sadly dying of cancer) as
"hug" pillows. One friend died last week. Hers was a Sunbonnet Sue
applique, and she loved it. She was a lovely person...her birthday was to
be Christmas Day.

I've rambled on enough! Have to get to work now!

Paula

Old December 22nd 03, 03:01 PM
Bonnie Patterson

You will find the SN on the bottom, it is stamped into the
housing/body usually 2 letters and 6 numbers. The letters designate
the year and place of origin.

Elizabeth, NJ
AD 1930 to 1934
AE 1935 to 1938
AF 1938 to 1940
AG 1940 to 1947
AH 1947 to 1948
AJ 1948 to 1950
AK 1950 to 1951
AL 1952 to 1954
AM 1955 to 1956
AN 1959 to 1960

St. Johns, Canada
JB 1945 to1948
JC 1948 to 1959
JD 1959 to 1963

Kilbowie, Scotland
ED Jan 1941 to April 1947
EE April 1941 to Feb 1949
EF Mar 1949 to Sept 1950
EG Sept 1950 to Dec 1951
EH Jan 1951 to June 1953
EJ June 1953 to Nov 1954
EK Nov 1954 to Jan 1956
EL Jan 1956 to Dec 1956
EM Dec 1956 to Dec 1957
EN Jan 1958 to Feb 1959
EP Feb 1959 to Mar 1960
ER Mar 1960 to Oct 1960
ES Oct 1960 to Oct 1961
ET Oct 1961 to Dec 1962
EV Dec 1962 to July 1964
EX July 1964 to Oct 1966
EY Oct 1966 to Oct 1968
EZ Oct 1968 to April 1969
FA May 1969 to Apr 1970
FB April 1970 to June 1971

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:10:19 -0500, "aluap" wrote:

[...]

. ..

Old December 22nd 03, 03:07 PM
Taria

Serial number is on the bottom kind of under the area where
the bobbin is. If the side striated plate is original to the machine is
is post war, but it has the older style paint. I would guess that between
'47 and '53.
Taria

Old December 22nd 03, 03:30 PM
aluap

Hi Bonnie, I do have those numbers, and I will look on the bottom when I get
her!

Thanks!

Paula

"Bonnie Patterson" wrote in message
[...]

. ..

Old December 22nd 03, 03:31 PM
aluap

Thanks Taria,

I will look on her bottom when I get her!

Paula

Old December 22nd 03, 07:18 PM
nana2b

Hi Paula, The pillows are Embroidered and quilted. When you get your FW
look on the underside next to the fold up area. There is a little plate
with the number on it. I am amazed everytime I sew with Goldie. Today I
had the city inspector for our new roof. He recognized the FW and said his
wife sewed on hers for alot of years. Couldn't wear it out.

When I got my second one ,Jack, I was brave enough to completely clean and
lube the machine. It was fairly clean but had some crusty stuff on the
gears. Ran much better after the bath. Still have a noise issue at the
belt. Have to change it I think. I want to try it myself before I take it
in.

Sadly I, too, have a friend with Cancer. I made her a flannel hug quilt
with a Giraffe on it from Whimsical Kingdom, Bernina. She loves Giraffes.
She has a tumor on the femar of her left leg and although they are Chemo-ing
the heck out of it, it is not shrinking. I think the next step will be to
take the leg. Hopefully that will save her life. She is a very nice
person. I have her in my prayers daily.

Nice to meet you. If you want to talk E-mail me at sugarpiemomataolcom. Put
in the symbols and dots.

Old December 22nd 03, 09:48 PM
aluap

Linda, Hopefully the manual that comes with Maxine will tell me how to
correctly "lube" her if she needs it! I haven't oiled a machine since my
mother's old Singer.

Your friend will be in my prayers too.

Paula

Old December 22nd 03, 09:51 PM
Taria

If you guys aren't on Featherweight Fanatic you might try it to find there
is a lot of info there. I think it is free for the first month and then $12
a year. The Nancy Srebro Johnson book a small amount of money
and time to save a lot of $ on repair too. I can almost hear little
FW's all over the country purring away!
Taria