You know you're a quilter when...

Old May 8th 05, 12:05 AM
the black rose

Default You know you're a quilter when...

Your husband offers to buy you a beautiful mother's ring with your
children's birthstones set in it, and the FIRST thought that pops into
your head is, "I could buy a sewing machine with that much money."

*whistles a little tune*

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old May 8th 05, 02:05 AM
C & S

Lucky you - go for it girl.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Old May 8th 05, 04:43 AM
Irrational Number

You're scouting out the easiest route to
the hospital this afternoon for the
c-section in two weeks and you're wondering
if there is a Joann's nearby in case you
need fabric and if you should pack some
hand-piecing in your birthing bag...

-- Anita --

Old May 8th 05, 07:48 AM
Jessamy

LOL I *did* pack a handquilting project in the birthing bag.. though I
didn't get round to it till after he was born

oh... and just because you have an appointment for the C-section doesn't
mean the baby cant get there sooner ... my second proved that! I had been to
the hospital and had all the checks and made the appointment and that *very*
same evening (too late to bother) Alexander decided enough was enough! and
he emerged the next day

baby's have their own schedules ;-)

--
Jessamy
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad

Old May 8th 05, 03:06 PM
Irrational Number

Jessamy wrote:
LOL I *did* pack a handquilting project in the birthing bag.. though I
didn't get round to it till after he was born

Well, that does it! I *am* going to pack some
hand-sewing in my bag!

oh... and just because you have an appointment for the C-section doesn't
mean the baby cant get there sooner ... my second proved that! I had been to
the hospital and had all the checks and made the appointment and that *very*
same evening (too late to bother) Alexander decided enough was enough! and
he emerged the next day

Heck, that's what we were worried about on Friday
night. My contractions were coming 10 minutes
apart and I'd called my doctor... Thankfully,
after a lot of water and relaxing, they stopped.
Maybe I should stop moving bookcases around...

(I really need to finish the valance for the
22-month-old Pillbug before I have this baby!)

-- Anita --

Old May 8th 05, 03:25 PM
Jessamy

see below ;-)

--
Jessamy
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jess_ayad/my_photos
In The Netherlands
Well, that does it! I *am* going to pack some
hand-sewing in my bag!

* good for you! :-)

Heck, that's what we were worried about on Friday
night. My contractions were coming 10 minutes
apart and I'd called my doctor... Thankfully,
after a lot of water and relaxing, they stopped.
Maybe I should stop moving bookcases around...

* it might just help you know LOL

(I really need to finish the valance for the
22-month-old Pillbug before I have this baby!)

*get sewing girl! (while you can still reach the sewing machine)

-- Anita --

Old May 8th 05, 06:02 PM
DrQuilter

mmmm speaking from my humble, single but quite recent experience, don't
bother packing a quilting project in your birthing bag.... good luck
with everything, BTW!

Jessamy wrote:
LOL I *did* pack a handquilting project in the birthing bag.. though I
didn't get round to it till after he was born

oh... and just because you have an appointment for the C-section doesn't
mean the baby cant get there sooner ... my second proved that! I had been to
the hospital and had all the checks and made the appointment and that *very*
same evening (too late to bother) Alexander decided enough was enough! and
he emerged the next day

baby's have their own schedules ;-)

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old May 8th 05, 10:36 PM
Pat in Virginia

Maybe YOU can, I know Wendy can ... I only have
two kids!
LOL ... PAT