Home again from cold cold Toronto

Old February 20th 04, 12:53 AM
Els van Dam

Default Home again from cold cold Toronto

Hello everyone, I am home again and since there are so many postings I am
starting with a clean slate, there is just to much to read. I will be
selective and give the 3000 plus talks a quick going over.

I also received losts of snail mail, but have not had the chance to look
at it all, Thank you one and all, I will answer you all one by one

Good to be home, and last but not least, the new baby girl's name is
Aysia. She is a sweet heart, sleeps will drinks a lot.....(laughing, just
the white stuff) and cries when hungry. Just like all babies I guess.

I saw our Toronto weaving group, and there was lots to share. A trip to
Thailand by two of the group members. One of the women has started to
weave professionally. Her first pieces, all in white, were lovely. She
used fine silk, wool, and linen. Made lots of classy scarfs, and even a
kimono. Nancy is also an professional seamstress and the weaving and
sewing is just perfect.

The silk brought back from Thailand was also lovely. They had traveled
along many villages, where the weaving was all done in front of the house,
outside. The silk was locally cultivated, and so was the cotton, grown
both in the backyards of the local folks. All very impressive. My friend
brought back a piece of Ikat that was woven while she watched, and for the
weavers in this group, or anyone else who is interested, this very fine
silk warp was finished in no time flat. Two bundles of warp ends were
wetted and rolled by hand firmly down a bare leg, separately. The two
bundles were than rolled back up as one. Bingo you had it all neatly
twisted with one movement down and one up. Try it it, works very well.

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old February 20th 04, 02:45 AM
Texasxsgal1

I remember visiting a weaving village when I was living in Thailand. It was a
neat place to visit and very interesting to get there. I think we had to take
one of the orange crush (the local, not a/c bus which was painted orange, then
one of the pick-up jitney type thingies)can't remember the name songtao?? sib
lor??) to the village itself.
kathy
san antonio
Old February 20th 04, 05:10 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:53:33 -0800, Els van Dam wrote:

[...]

I'll give you a chance to catch your breath, but just wanted to quickly
say, welcome back, Els, you've been MISSED!
There 'was' a post from me that I hope you saw? (besides your birthday
one(s), which I "know" you've seen, as you replied to them all, grin)...
anyway....the other post had to do with something we were discussing
offlist before you left, and I wanted to ask yu NOT to do it afterall, as I
am in a situation that I am totally unable to meet my end of that
bargain....
Love,
Noreen

--
http://mail2office.tripod.com/noreensknitche/
http://mail2office.tripod.com/musings/

change n e t to c o m to email me.
Old February 20th 04, 08:13 AM
Cher

Well incase you've binned my mail to you Els...first welcome home, and
secondly thankyou so much for your braided key fob for my 'care package'

I'll keep it short to help you catch up...lol.....Cheers.....Cher

Els van Dam wrote in message
[...]

---

Old February 20th 04, 10:44 AM
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
Hello everyone, I am home again and since there are so many postings
I am starting with a clean slate, there is just to much to read.

That is what I do after a vacation, Els. It is great to see you back, and
don't even think about trying to read everything.
It sounds as though you had a wonderful time, indeed, but I am glad that you
are back.
Hugs,
Katherine

Old February 20th 04, 12:18 PM
Aud

Good to see you, Els!
(I hope you can see me, many of the others cannot :-(
I see you have had a nice time, I guess you will miss the grand
children!
And WHAT an interesting meeting with your weaving group!!!!

As I said, good to see you!
Hugs,
--
AUD ;-))

alrefsnesathotmaildotcom
http://community.webshots.com/user/dual44

"Els van Dam" skrev i melding

Old February 20th 04, 01:31 PM
norma woods

Els,
Just want to say welcome home and congrats on the new little one.

--
Star love,
Norma

Old February 20th 04, 03:22 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Els,

Just a real quick, welcome home and another granddaughter, what fun for Skye to
have a baby sister. When was she born?

Hugs,

Nora
Old February 20th 04, 11:10 PM
Els van Dam

In article , Noreen's Knit*che
wrote:

Els

I'll give you a chance to catch your breath, but just wanted to quickly
say, welcome back, Els, you've been MISSED!
There 'was' a post from me that I hope you saw? (besides your birthday
one(s), which I "know" you've seen, as you replied to them all, grin)...
anyway....the other post had to do with something we were discussing
offlist before you left, and I wanted to ask yu NOT to do it afterall, as I
am in a situation that I am totally unable to meet my end of that
bargain....
Love,
Noreen

Hello Noreen, do not worry, I did not see that post. Otto was overwelmed
by e-mails while I was away. ( he does not like e-mail and does not use it
at all) and may have thrown mail out that I should have seen, your among
it.

So that is solved......(big smile)

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old February 20th 04, 11:11 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Cher"
wrote:

Well incase you've binned my mail to you Els...first welcome home, and
secondly thankyou so much for your braided key fob for my 'care package'

I'll keep it short to help you catch up...lol.....Cheers.....Cher

Glad you liked the braided key holder.

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....

finally back home, good news and bad news Terbear Quilting 3 April 8th 04 02:37 PM
I'm Home!!! Debbi Quilting 1 April 8th 04 02:48 AM
Home at Last! Karen_AZ Beads 11 December 29th 03 08:48 PM
She's Home!!! mkahogan Beads 4 August 7th 03 05:47 PM