Gold filled vs gold clasps

Old July 22nd 03, 05:05 PM
CLP

I think you are my cosmic twin!

"scaperchick" wrote in message
On 22 Jul 2003 00:19:04 GMT, uppies (Dr. Sooz)
wrote:

Hell NO! Never! Always ask. They love you to look, because that's how
they'll (eventually) get you to BUY. Silly wench! :-)

Yeah, I know, but I've always been like this and it's at any store,
not just my LBS - I really, really hate asking for things to be
brought out. In my perfect world, I would never have to ask a store
employee for anything, ever. I have this meek thing where I just
don't want to take up their time. The only time I'll ask for
something to be brought out is if I'm the only person in the store.

(In my perfect world, people would also *never* steal, so there would
be no need for locked cases anyway!)

Old July 22nd 03, 05:37 PM
Dr. Sooz

lol, If you're ever up for the job of Empress of the World, you've
got my backing!

Me too! (If I can be your evil henchwoman)
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Old July 22nd 03, 08:20 PM
Kandice Seeber

Oh, well, welcome to all Castaways! I hate AOHell, so I am glad to hear
people left. I know, I know - how eeeeeevil of me, but there you go. It's
better here.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

What feud?

Well, um.....there was an attempted coup on the AOL bead boards. VERY

long
story and very ugly, too. Bad board monitor and her equally bad

supervisors.
Anyhoo, I don't want to pollute the air with more dirty laundry about it,

but
suffice it to say that there was a MASS exodus of beadfolk from AOL in the

last
two weeks. The bead boards are all but silent. Some left AOL entirely,

some
came here (or to other similar un-regulated type boards) and some moved

the
bead folder discussions over to a new folder in Crafts called "castaways."

The
board happened to have been there for a long time, unused. So we took it

over!

Suedo
(like "pseudo", though I'm no phony baloney!)
members.aol.com/suedotlund

Old July 23rd 03, 12:28 AM
Kandice Seeber

Yep, some customer service reps do act like you are interrupting when you
ask for help. Just remember - they have a job ONLY because you and everyone
else shops there. If they act like a jerk when you ask for help, report
them to the manager. Customer service is not an easy job - I did it for 15
years - but it IS their job to assist the customers. Just be respectful,
treat them like a fellow human, and you should be fine.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

]They are being PAID to help you. It's not like
]they're doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. They get an hourly

wage
]AND a discount!

well, that's the theory, anyway.
experiences differ!

mine are about 50/50.

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
The Bill of Rights - Void where prohibited by Law.
Regime Change in 2004 - The life you save may be your own.

Old July 24th 03, 02:33 AM

On 21 Jul 2003 15:23:36 GMT, ospam (Kaytee) wrote:

In article ink.net, "Steve &
Susan Wright" writes:

At this time, most artisan made jewelry doesn't command the
price it deserves and the increase in cost in findings will not pass on to
the consumer.

Sometimes, even charging no more than material costs is "too expensive"....
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/simplexities

Especially if you're trying to sell at a fleamarket. Don't ever do
that. Trust me.

Lura J
http://home.earthlink.net/~luraj
Craftish Geeks Co-owner
Ebay Auctons: http://snurl.com/wf4
http://home.earthlink.net/~craftishgeeks
"Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..." -- Ron Weasley, HP4
HPCode(1.1) RPS++COS+POA++GOF+++FF+ QC
AR+++AT+++CM++CH++DD++DV---HB++HM+MS+PO+++TR+++
Old July 27th 03, 04:34 AM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
scaperchick wrote:

Yeah, I know, but I've always been like this and it's at any store,
not just my LBS - I really, really hate asking for things to be
brought out. In my perfect world, I would never have to ask a store
employee for anything, ever. I have this meek thing where I just
don't want to take up their time. The only time I'll ask for
something to be brought out is if I'm the only person in the store.

(In my perfect world, people would also *never* steal, so there would
be no need for locked cases anyway!)

Oh, man! I've been in retail my whole life, and I LOVE it when people
want to look at the extra-fancy locked-up stuff! I don't even care if
they actually might buy it, I just like the chance to get it out and
play with it and talk about it! I have lots of people tell me right up
front "I can't afford to buy, I just want to get a closer look" and I'm
thrilled to give them that chance.

Don't ever feel like you're "wasting" a clerk's time... if they love
what they do, they will really enjoy the opportunity to talk about their
merchandise with you, and if they don't, maybe at least it will give
them an interesting way to pass a little time. Furthermore, it might
give them a chance to learn more about the item themselves. Ask
questions!

--
-Kalera
Mom of Juliet, 5, Sam, 3, and Ophelia, born 5/31/03
See us at www.strattonhome.org