NO!This cannot_happen to me!

Old November 6th 04, 09:08 PM
NanaV

Default NO!This cannot_happen to me!

There is nothing worse than the sudden demonic possession of machines - ANY
machine. But to have it happen to a machine in the prime of her life, in
the middle of a project and while your DH is away is almost too much to
contemplate. I hope she sees reason when she cools down - or that your
husband comes home earlier than expected.

Good luck

Nana

"dogsnus" wrote in message
I'm happily buzzing along on the Peacock quilt borders,doing freeform
and twists and turns and stippling and I stop to adjust and...
it doesn't stop with me.

I shut her off,I unplug her,I open up her chassis and look inside.
I see nothing but she's smelling pretty hot. Not a hot wiring smell,but
a hot rubber smell. She's warm enough inside to melt ice cream in
about 5 seconds or so.

My husband,whom I turn to in all situations such as this first,IS OUT OF
TOWN UNTIL TOMORROW!
Arrgh!!!! I was just getting ready to put the backing on and I could
have finished it tomorrow.

Nonononono! I refuse_to believe she's dead!Not Now!

Sob.
Terri

--
Larry La Prise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey," died peacefully at

age
93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the

coffin.

They put his left leg in. And then the trouble started.

Old November 6th 04, 09:43 PM
nzl*

sounds to me like shes got the elastic in her knickers in a twist so
to speak.
overheating can do that. when so hot it stretches out a bit too far
and wont 'grab' when it oughta and various other nasty annoying
things.
did you call the local sm place and ask the repair person if they got
any ideas what it might be?
stinky time to happen for sure.
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"dogsnus" wrote ...
I'm happily buzzing along on the Peacock quilt borders,doing freeform
and twists and turns and stippling and I stop to adjust and...
it doesn't stop with me.
(I am doing quilt-as-you-go,in case you are wondering why I'm doing
the above.)
I watch in surprise as the needle approaches a pin and suddenly
remember to
turn the power off to prevent disaster.
I try this a few more times. She slows now,but when I try to reverse
the flywheel to raise the needle,she fights me. She wants to go
forward,
and forward and...

Old November 6th 04, 10:23 PM
Joanna

Maybe just give her a break to cool off is all she needs.
Joanna

dogsnus wrote:

[...]

Remove Quilt to reply

Old November 6th 04, 11:27 PM
Rita

Happened to me and needed lots of work. (Clutch and then motor) Good
luck!!!!!

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com

Old November 8th 04, 03:04 AM
nana2b

Oh I hate when that happens! Nothing worse than having to share your dinner
with the dogs. They cannot possibly appreciate the exquisite cuisine that
they stole from you. Glad they didn't get the onion rings. BTDT, Linda