free papercutting patterns

Old November 6th 04, 11:05 PM
Sharon Gates

Default free papercutting patterns

I think I have fallen in like with "papercut" quilting. Any free patterns
you know of?
TIA.
Sharon in rainy Montreal

Old November 6th 04, 11:07 PM
Louise

Sharon, I'll have to plead ignorance on this one. What is papercut quilting?

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

. ..

Old November 7th 04, 02:49 AM
Marijke

me three. Sounds interesting...

Marijke
in cool and rainy Montreal (LOL)

Old November 7th 04, 02:54 AM
nzl*

i love hawaiian quilting designs made like paper snowflakes, iirc.
hmm, i'm sure theres a few free ones around, ok ok, i'll go find'em.
hang on a sec.
http://www.quiltshawaii.com/freepattern.html
http://www.nvo.com/poakalani/nss-fol.../carnation.gif

sorry, getting too hot here today and brain is frying so thats the
best i can do in this heat. i think there might be one also on
about.com quilting pages somewhere and might even check simply quilts
episodes for a free hawaiian block pattern. hmmmmm, elizabeth root
does hawaiian designs, has a couple of books out as well. might be
worth checking your library online to see what they've got. might be
able to order them from other branches of the library.

took a break, had a cool drink, back on track, lol.
heres some paper snowflakes goodies to peruse as well.
http://snowflakes.lookandfeel.com/ the funnest (sic) interactive
site
http://www.highhopes.com/snowflakes.html
http://www.papersnowflakes.com/ some other cool things on here,
wreaths, templates, patriotic flakes (i wont even go there after the
results this week) .
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/dstredul...nowflakes.html

freezer paper works well for this. if you need a bigger sheet try
calling some local small printing companys and see if they will give
you the wrappers off their biggest reams of paper (A1 size). might
need to ask them to remove it carefully from the ream so its not
ripped to shreads.
have fun!!
jeanne
off to look at those wreaths etc some more
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Louise" wrote...

Old November 7th 04, 10:22 PM
Sharon Gates

Thanks for all those sites.
Yes, papercut is like Hawaiin but a bit more intricate. I want to do a
Challah or Matzo cover and need inspiration.
Thanks again.
Sharon in Montreal