Handkerchief Quilts

Old October 27th 04, 01:09 AM
R. E. Wicker

Default Handkerchief Quilts

I promised to send this information to you who are interested in
making a Handkerchief Quilt some months ago when I still couldn't get
up and down my stairs to the quilting room all nicely redecorated.
Which was the cause of my shattered a vertebra and wrecked my muscle
system. When I saw the posting of the 18th or 19th of this month I
thought it was about time I go down and look for it. It was in the
last possible place. "Handkerchief Quilts" by Sharon L. Newman put
out by the American School of Needlework in 1992. There is a Ann Owen
listed in the book and I wonder if it is one of my Owen relatives? Oh,
well I made the one on the cover using the handkerchiefs I found in
my late mother's collection. It is not yet up on my website because I
haven't done the hand quilting on it. About time, eh? I did make one
sort of like it for granddaughter Abigail which in living in the
Murphy Household, if you've been to my website.
http://home.att.net/~rewicker/Rhoda'sQuiltGallery
Sorry to be so slow doing this. I finally have an appointment with an
Orthopedist to get help with the painful left leg. I want to throw
away this cane I am doing research on my third book on The Women of
the U. S. Navy in WWII Stateside and Overseas. I need to be able to
fly out of these northern woods any time of the day or night to get
the story of Navy ladies of WWII who have not yet been able to tell
their story.
Rhoda

Old October 27th 04, 03:39 AM
Pat in Virginia

Oh Rhoda, I could not access your pages. Will try tomorrow,
if you have a chance to tweak the settings. Meantime, about
those wonderful W.W.II US Navy Women: I have a quilting
friend here who an in Navy at that time. Would you like to
have me pass along a message to her about talking to you
about her experiences? Please email me in that regard.
PAT in VA/USA

Old October 27th 04, 05:22 AM
R. E. Wicker

Dear Pat,
I tried to send this via the post here, it won't send so I will
send email from my own site. In the meantime try
http://home.att.net/~rewicker and then click on the quilt gallery.
I will speak to the other subject in private email tomorrow.

Rhoda

Old October 27th 04, 01:54 PM
DebsPrintOnIt

Wow! Quite a tour - quite a legacy. Thanks for sharing!
Debra in Idaho
Old October 30th 04, 06:11 AM
R. E. Wicker

Thanks to all who visited my websites and toured the Quilt Galleries.

Rhoda
'

http://home.att.net/~rewicker