Mission Style? Prairie style?

Old August 12th 03, 04:37 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default Mission Style? Prairie style?

Does any one other than Art Stitch and Heartland House put out charts with
this flair to them?
Cheryl

Old August 12th 03, 04:56 PM
Boohoo1971

Does any one other than Art Stitch and Heartland House put out charts with
this flair to them?

You might try a google search with "Frank Lloyd Wright needlework". Boo
Old August 13th 03, 04:14 AM
Lucy Boyer

Cheryl Isaak wrote in message ...
Does any one other than Art Stitch and Heartland House put out charts with
this flair to them?
Cheryl

Textile Heritage has some nice smaller pieces (kits) like needlecases,
bookmarks, etc. Among the design motifs is at least one Arts &
Crafts. The kits are aida, but it's high count and usually a nice
background color, not just white or off-white. Their web site is:
http://textileheritage.com, which is UK based. They do have US
distributors, which is how I came to stock them in my little corner.
HTH!

Lucy Boyer
Cross Stitch Unlimited
Arlington, MA USA
http://www.stitchstash.com
Old August 13th 03, 05:53 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 8/12/03 5:05 PM, in article ,
"FKBABB" wrote:

Does any one other than Art Stitch and Heartland House put out charts with
this flair to them?

Oddly, though textiles were very important to Mission and Praries style
interiors, cross stitch was not a favored technique. Instead, they tended to
favor applique and stenciling, usually with embroidered outlines. A couple of
great sites reproducing these, both as kits and finished textiles a

http://www.textilestudio.com/
Ooooo - like those!

http://www.annwallace.com/

Also, Vogue patterns currently has in its catalog two packets of transfers for
embroidery, reproductions from its archives circa 1910, each with five or six
designs for Craftsman and Mission style pillows to be embroidered in stem and
satin stitch.

Hmmm - sounds like a trip to Joannes or the Ben Franklins is in order!

And, keep a lookout for the early booklets in the DMC Library series. (They
come up on eBay fairly frequently.) The designs in Motifs for Embroideries I,
II, and III and Motifs for Cross Stitch I-IV are contemporary with the period
you're interested in, though these are influenced more by the European aspects
of the movement (English Arts and Crafts, Art Nouveau, Werner Werkstadt) than
the American styles.

I've added that to favorite searches.
Thanks!
Cheryl

Old August 13th 03, 06:47 PM
FKBABB

Hmmm - sounds like a trip to Joannes or the Ben Franklins is in order!

Or, you can buy them online directly from Vogue at 50% off:

http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin...terns/shop.cgi

The Craftsman style embroidered pillows are pattern numbers 7462 and 7292.
There's also a pattern for Stickley style pillows done in felt applique, 7599.

Annie

Old August 13th 03, 09:22 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

I wrote:
.... I have a *great* book with quilt patterns taken from several FLW windows!

Cheryl Isaak asked:

Could you find the title easily? Sounds like a source of inspiration to me!

I got the info from RCTQ and ordered the book online -- here is the link to
their site:
http://www.animas.com . The book I have is titled Quilts in the
Tradition of Frank Lloyd Wright by Jackie Robinson (the site is her's). The
snail mail is P.O.Box 693; Durango, CO 81302; 970.247.4549.
The book has eighteen different quilt patterns featuring windows from the
following houses: Coonley, Heath, Martin, May, Dana, Hollyhock,Robie, Ennis,
Little, Thomas, Gilmore, Willits and the Wright Studio. I bought it about 2
years ago and the total cost at that time (this includes $4 postage) was $23.00
-- a pretty good price considering all the patterns included!
Let me know what you think of it OK? You should be able to do your own
needlework charts using the pictures in the book! CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old August 13th 03, 11:05 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Thank Tia Mary - book marked for future reference!
Cheryl