What does the quilt on your bed look like?

Old September 12th 03, 05:57 PM
AliceW

Try telling that to the cats! Two of which are napping heavily as I type.

Alice

"TerriLee in WA" wrote in message
Yikes! Someone forgot to tell me that cat's and quilts on the bed at
the same time are a no-no!! :-(

Linda wrote:

Quilt? On my bed? I have four cats. That should answer the question,
unfortunately.

Linda F.

--
TerriLee Bishop
(opinions are wholly owned by the author and don't represent anything)

Old September 12th 03, 05:59 PM
WoodenSpools

Wendy asked:

Do you have a quilt on your bed? Did you make it?

NO! But I am in the final third of the process of making myself a quilt
for the bed I just put together within the past month; ordered a
mattress&box springs for my antique less-than-three-quarter sized bed.
Hauled the original wooden side rails and footboard out of the barn and set
the thing up once I got my room painted, and plopped in the new foundations.
!!!! Have to hike my hiney to climb up in bed - it is about 30" up off the
floor! (I did drag out a really old queen sized bedspread to use
in-the-meantime.)
I am making a Union Star/Sunflower block quilt in the manner of the one
pictured in RedWagon's "12th Anniversary" book, a quilt called "Union
Moon". I've changed a few pattern details but it is very similar.
Making my final two Union Star blocks this week.
I must start making more USEFUL quilt projects. You know, quilts that I
can really spread out on a BED - something that will actually *fit* a bed
and not my dining room table for decoration.
In Stitches,
Buckeye Bev

Old September 12th 03, 06:33 PM
Ruth in Happy Camp

Yes. No. Red and yellow 9-patch blocks with white where yellow ran short
(fabric varies greatly in quality/weight), hand quilted crudely--but it has
a BEEutiful backing with large red flowers. I'm not sure. Not in my
lifetime.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp
"frood" wrote in message
. com...
Do you have a quilt on your bed? Did you make it? What does it look like?
Why did you decide on that? Will LN really finish her own quilt?

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old September 12th 03, 06:40 PM
Karlee in Kansas

"frood" wrote in message
. com...
| Do you have a quilt on your bed?

Yep :-)

|Did you make it?

Nope :-)

|What does it look like?

Its my wedding HUG....
www.thetaylorfamily.org.uk/hugs.html
(you might have to copy and paste the link into your browser)

| Why did you decide on that?

I didn't...someone else decided what it would look like (ok, a LOT of
someone elses decided) and I love it and treasure it too much to have it
anywhere else...not to mention its a "fertility quilt" EG

|Will LN really finish her own quilt?

Hard tellin, but I'm bettin that one will get finished by the turn of the
next century!

Hugs,
Karlee in Kansas, who is off to nap with the latest addition to the family

Old September 12th 03, 07:01 PM
TerriLee in WA

Mine (at least the 2 indoor ones) are *always* "napping heavily" on my
bed, on the quilt.
I was teasing Linda, who used her cats as an excuse for not having a
quilt on her bed. grin

Old September 12th 03, 08:34 PM
Joy Quilts

The quilt on my bed is my DH's Queen-sized Attic Windows quilt. I made it
=). The windows are of cloud print fabric, one pane is white, the other
pane is of blue celestial print with silver sparkly planets and moons and
suns. I decided on that because I made a WH for MeSue's challenge last year
and DH asked me to make a big bed-sized one for him like it. The WH is up
in my room and I made curtains out of the quilt border fabric to match as
well as cloud print pillowcases. So what if it looks like a teenager's room
=).

I think LN will finish her own quilt and we will all be awed by the
perfection that can only be achieved by slow hand work.

--
A Joy in Hawaii
http://community.webshots.com/user/joyquilts

Old September 12th 03, 09:13 PM
NightMist

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:28:58 GMT, "frood"
wrote:

Do you have a quilt on your bed? Did you make it? What does it look like?
Why did you decide on that? Will LN really finish her own quilt?

Yep.
At the minute a ratty old blue-purple-white ranged storm at sea that I
made some 10 or so years ago. It has been repaired til I'm not sure
that any of the original fabric is still in it, and it's on it's
forty-lebbenth binding. Funny thing is, it was originally made out of
old clothes and scraps from making clothes, so I think there is more
new fabric in it now than there was in the first place.
I keep trying to promote this quilt to play mat (so I can have the
very much newer jeweltone and brights on black pineapple quilt on the
bed), but DH keeps rescueing it and putting it back on the bed. He
says he likes triangles, and I am thinking about starting to call him
Telly Monster.

Sure LN will finish her own quilt.
After announcing it here I very much doubt that there is a single soul
posting that will let her slide on the project now. (G)

NightMist
has a couple other quilts that also go on the bed in colder weather

--

I'm a little teapot, short and stout
here is my handle, here is my...other...handle?
Old September 12th 03, 10:48 PM
Judy Grevenites

Anne Godwin in England and Micki Lang in Calif.---If anyone is in
contact with them please tell them that their pkgs arrived safe and
their contributions are beautiful. RedQueen

Old September 12th 03, 10:51 PM
Jalynne

Oh you mean like one someone else made for you?
--
Jalynne

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Mine looks suspiciously like Jalynnes!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Jalynne" wrote in message
ink.net...
What quilt? I guess you'll have to send me one so I can find out.
--
Jalynne

Old September 12th 03, 11:38 PM
Frank Reid

Do you have a quilt on your bed?
No

Did you make it?

Bed, Bath and Beyond

What does it look like?

Green comforter, down.

Why did you decide on that?

I wanted to keep warm while my wife was downstairs making quilts for other
people.

Will LN really finish her own quilt?

Once made, a quilt is not your own. Someone will claim it as theirs or
rename it. It will be called something like Mom's quilt or Nana's quilt.
It will be thought of and missed by college students, on their own for the
first time, as a warm sanctuary when they were at home. Little girls will
wrap up in them when daddy is on a business trip, 'cause it smells like his
aftershave. You'll remember your mother, wrapped in it, as she sat in her
chair, before she went into the hospital for the last time. A quilt cannot
be claimed by one, because, like a treasured memory, it is best shared.
Frank Reid