OT - Rough Week - Need Prayers - Update

Old March 11th 09, 07:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mika

Default OT - Rough Week - Need Prayers - Update

I want to thank all of you for the wonderful posts of good thoughts and
prayers. It's been a comfort. My friend, Brenda, is still healing from the
surgery and won't start treatments for a bit. But she's hanging in there for
now. She appreciates all the prayers and good thoughts and is touched by
everyone's thoughtfulness.

As far as the house goes. It's finally coming together. We close Thursday
afternoon and plan to start painting that night. It has all turned out ok so
far. I'm still kind of holding my breathe until we have actually signed our
life away.

Thank you all again for your thoughtfulness.

Hugs,
Mika

Old March 11th 09, 12:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Just a feeble thought before coffee here - If you're going to be painting at
night and a ceiling happens to be on the list - do you know that they make
ceiling paint now that goes on 'pink' and later turns white? I only see
that done on HGTV, don't know how it goes. It does sound like a very
helpful product. It is just hard, hard to see where you are, where you've
been and if you missed a spot. Polly

Old March 11th 09, 01:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I saw an ad for that stuff the other day. Looked like a smart idea.
Bet our expert Kathy knows about that kind of thing. I imagine Mika
will be doing scrubbing and prep work long into the night and maybe
painting during the day? I bet this time next week she will be pretty
sick of painting. (btdt, but oh worth the work!)
Congrats on the place Mika. So glad it is getting close. Continued
thoughts and prayers for your friend.
Hugs, Taria

Old March 11th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L. in MA

Polly Esther wrote:
Just a feeble thought before coffee here - If you're going to be painting at
night and a ceiling happens to be on the list - do you know that they make
ceiling paint now that goes on 'pink' and later turns white? I only see
that done on HGTV, don't know how it goes. It does sound like a very
helpful product. It is just hard, hard to see where you are, where you've
been and if you missed a spot. Polly

The 'pink' ceiling paint does work very well. There is one feature to
note, though. After it has dried to white, if you happen to experience
a leak in the ceiling it will turn pink again until the leak dries.

The painter who did our kitchen ceiling a few years ago was pretty
shocked when he opened the paint container that I handed to him. When
he saw the pink, he looked at me in horror and asked "do you LIKE this
color?" English not being his first language, it took me some time to
convince him to just try it!

Rita L.

Rita L. in MA - One-eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)
Old March 11th 09, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Mika" wrote:

I want to thank all of you for the wonderful posts of good thoughts and
prayers. It's been a comfort. My friend, Brenda, is still healing from the
surgery and won't start treatments for a bit. But she's hanging in there for
now. She appreciates all the prayers and good thoughts and is touched by
everyone's thoughtfulness.

As far as the house goes. It's finally coming together. We close Thursday
afternoon and plan to start painting that night. It has all turned out ok so
far. I'm still kind of holding my breathe until we have actually signed our
life away.

Thank you all again for your thoughtfulness.

Hugs,
Mika

Woohoo! Kim, I'm so glad things seem to be improving! But don't hold
your breath -- we might need to send the paramedics and delay the house
closing. :O

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old March 11th 09, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

But that would be a really good thing, right? You'd notice a leak
immediately.
Roberta in D

Old March 11th 09, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mika

Wow! I've never seen it Polly. It's not very often that I get to watch HGTV
though. I'll have to check into it. I think we'll mostly be putting the
primer on the walls tomorrow night though. The walls have almost 50 years of
nicotine built up.

Hugs,
Mika

Old March 11th 09, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
melinda[_2_]

Polly Esther wrote:
Just a feeble thought before coffee here - If you're going to be painting at
night and a ceiling happens to be on the list - do you know that they make
ceiling paint now that goes on 'pink' and later turns white? I only see
that done on HGTV, don't know how it goes. It does sound like a very
helpful product. It is just hard, hard to see where you are, where you've
been and if you missed a spot. Polly

I've seen it in action, it works very well. That being said it was
being brushed on and DF said he was having a little trouble seeing
where he had painted as it was changing colour so quickly, so it
probably works better with a roller.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old March 11th 09, 09:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mika

You got it Taria. Got to scrub the walls and primer it first to cover the
nicotine stains. Then the paint. Oh I can't wait to see the transformation.
I took my Brother embroidery machine, Brother workhorse machine and HQ16 all
to the shop last week for the annual tune-up while everything is all packed
up. Today I picked up the Brothers and noticed a really pretty embroidered
valance over the window in the shop. I was talking to the girls about
making something like that for two of the bedrooms. The shop owner went
through some of her books and gave me three curtain books. I am so excited
and can't wait to get started now.

Hugs,
Mika

Old March 11th 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mika

"Sandy" wrote in message
In article ,

Woohoo! Kim, I'm so glad things seem to be improving! But don't hold
your breath -- we might need to send the paramedics and delay the house
closing. :O

LOLOLOL ok Sandy you got me on that one. I promise not to hold my breathe
any longer. We definitely do NOT want to delay the closing any longer. That
will be one less emergency run the paramedics have to make too.

Hugs,
Mika