jeanne, help us

Old August 19th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default jeanne, help us

Help, help. I know there are those of us that think of Christmas gift time
as 3 years away. It is not.
I've been looking for some useful / special kitchen gifts.
The standard 9 x 13 glass casserole dish is pretty common to every
cook - as well as the need to transport a hot one from stove to one occasion
or another.
I've been looking for a pattern for a casserole cover that would look
great as well as really cover and maintain heat. Found one that would be
terribly cute with pink organza and gold lame - but pretty much worthless.
Jeanne, can you find us a pattern and instructions online that would be
a great gift for the cooks in our lives that we love? Thanking you in
advance, oh Great Hunter, Polly

Old August 19th 08, 05:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

I'm not Jeanne but here's one of several pattern ideas that are
available: http://www.gotfabric.com/projects/0505casserole.php
jennellh

Old August 19th 08, 06:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

that is the best of all the ones i've been looking at too.
simple shape and looks like it would hold about any weight casserole.
i have some other links for various kitchen items if you want them, Ms P.
just holler, eh.
j.
i am obsolete, nap time, lol

"jennellh" wrote...

Old August 19th 08, 06:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

Me, me, me. Jeanne - may I have the links for other kitchen items please??

Why haven't we dubbed Jeanne the Queen of Internet Research??

Pauline
Northern California

Old August 19th 08, 06:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

http://www.ufo-rphanage.com/holiday_gifts.shtml
links to lots of patterns on this site,
including that ultimate absolutely necessary for any great chef
item......the chefs hat!!!
http://sewing.about.com/topicsubkitchen.htm
this link has some of the links from the previous site, doh, oh well.
i see insulated 2 litre drink bottle carriers there but not a 6 pack cover
in sight, how slack is that.
i thot folks always took a bottle of wine or three (someone always has those
bag patterns) and a 6 pack or three.
depending on the occasion of course, lol.
dont forget a BBQ apron to go with that Chefs hat.
and a really snazzy oven mitt to keep his little pinkies from getting burned
of course.
a clever single can cover there too. tho without a bottom how come it doesnt
just slide off?
in different fabrics each guest will know which can is his and make great
party deco while you're at it.

http://www.savvyseams.com/apt/mitts.php#oven
another oven mitt and small finger mitt how-to with pix.

http://www.craftown.com/country/craft21.htm
typical casserole carrier here.
cant imagine why anyone would want lace and gold lame on one, oh well

http://elisabeth-dixiedoodles.blogsp...h-carrier.html
here is a clever pattern from a 17yo from GA.
i like how she does the handles on this one. not sure if this is the usual
way or different.

"Polly Esther" wrote...

Old August 19th 08, 06:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

ok, P, after just putting the reply into my drafts folder, then i saw your
request so have sent it.
long long ago i was offered a crown but i'm not the regal type at all but i
do appreciate the offer, lol.
thanks, Pauline.
just a simpleton in the south pacific with time to spare, i hope,
j.

"Pauline" wrote...

Old August 19th 08, 09:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne Gottliebsen

Polly Esther wrote:
Help, help. I know there are those of us that think of Christmas gift time
as 3 years away. It is not.
I've been looking for some useful / special kitchen gifts.
The standard 9 x 13 glass casserole dish is pretty common to every
cook - as well as the need to transport a hot one from stove to one occasion
or another.
I've been looking for a pattern for a casserole cover that would look
great as well as really cover and maintain heat. Found one that would be
terribly cute with pink organza and gold lame - but pretty much worthless.
Jeanne, can you find us a pattern and instructions online that would be
a great gift for the cooks in our lives that we love? Thanking you in
advance, oh Great Hunter, Polly

Earlier this Summer someone posted a link to some bag patterns on
tipnut. So, I've been looking there for other things:

http://tipnut.com/free-casserole-tote-tutorial/

Hanne in London
Old August 19th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I think of you as the Queen anyway. From one Queen to another.
Roberta in D, Queen of the Scrap Heap

Old August 19th 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Thank you, thank you all. Now that I've studied them, I'm wondering about
safety. Assuming that a casserole is hot and heavy (not to mention a little
'messy'), how well do any of these work? Have any of you actually made and
used one? Polly

Old August 19th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

I've never used any, but I've seen them used to bring stuff to potluck
dinners, so I assume they work okay. I'm sure they work at least as well
as wrapping something in a bath towel I have a Pyrex Portable - a
9x13 glass pan with cover in an insulated bag. It comes with a hot/cold
pack so is good for both hot and cold.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0008156K0. I also have an insulated
carrying case for my crock pot.

Julia in MN

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Thank you, jeanne Polly Esther Quilting 1 July 7th 07 05:44 AM
Jeanne Don/Gen Quilting 24 October 14th 06 04:47 PM
Jeanne Don/Gen Quilting 9 September 27th 06 01:18 PM
OT Jeanne Help DJDREVNA Quilting 2 September 24th 04 09:16 PM