Very Dufficult New Year Resolution

Old January 1st 09, 01:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default Very Dufficult New Year Resolution

Keep the sewing room tidy!

I have a MAJOR clear-up exercise to do in there... Machines and fabric
and threads and bits all over the place, careful footwork needed to
negotiate the bosticle course that is the 'floor', and homes to find for
new toys. When it's all pretty and you can really see that there is a
bed and a chair in there besides the heap, I must try to keep it that way...

It won't be easy. I have no illusions about this.

So a joyous New Year to all, and good luck with your plans, however
small and local they may be!
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old January 1st 09, 01:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Kate, my dear, I hope you will. When I first discovered rctq, there was
someone here who learned that lesson the hard way. I think she was
attempting to roll back her chair, slipped on a ruler - don't remember all
the gory details - and broke her leg.
The greatest challenge in my own sewing room is carrying away things
that just naturally gravitate in - and do not belong. Anything incoming
seems to land on the cutting table or close by and just homesteads. Polly

"Kate XXXXXX" wrote Keep the sewing room tidy!

Old January 1st 09, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Polly Esther wrote:
Kate, my dear, I hope you will. When I first discovered rctq, there was
someone here who learned that lesson the hard way. I think she was
attempting to roll back her chair, slipped on a ruler - don't remember all
the gory details - and broke her leg.

Hm... I don't have ROOM to roll my chair! That is one of the problems.
Right now if I want to move it, I have to spend 15 minutes moving
other stuff first and then pick it up and plonk it in the new place.

The greatest challenge in my own sewing room is carrying away things
that just naturally gravitate in - and do not belong. Anything incoming
seems to land on the cutting table or close by and just homesteads. Polly

Same here... So I end up with a mountain of stuff on the cutting table
and ironing board downstairs that gets shifted up to the sewing room and
added to the mountain range already hiding the bed, floor, sewing
benches, and tops of my Ikea cabinets!

And this AFTER 3 big blue Ikea bags and a crate went up into the loft!

Old January 1st 09, 03:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

If the world were organized more sensibly, we'd all live next door to
the best complementary quilting buddy. I'd love to be your neighbor
-tidiness is one of my talents. But I really need someone like you
around to help me loosen up now and then and make me sew other things
and stop obsessing over the scraps!
Roberta in D, Queen of the Scrap Heap

Old January 1st 09, 03:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Keep the sewing room tidy!" Don't know how many times I have told myself
to clean up all the mess so that sewing will be more enjoyable! Then I will
stack up a big pile of things that need to be mended or sewn next----and I
don't because I put something else on top and cover it all up. Last month I
DID catch up on mending. Now I am working at taking up all my pants ( 2
sizes) because I lost weight. That is a good thing to do!
Barbara in FL

Old January 1st 09, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

You're not alone, Kate. However, I am restricting my total
re-organisation to the cupboard in the sewing room/study! The rest of
the room is fairly OK. If things are put away, it is fine. But the
cupboard it totally out of control. I have no real idea of what lies
beyond the fascia of 'stuff' g.
Good luck with yours - I'll think of you as I think of getting up
courage to take everything out of the cupboard ... ..
..
In message , Kate
XXXXXX writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 1st 09, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Ooh!!
I wonder if I could get you as far as buying fabric for a single
project? and, even worse, fabric of the same line in different colours?
No, I guess that would be impossible for you g. I won't inflict any
persuasion on that score on you - too cruel!
..
In message , Roberta
writes

Old January 1st 09, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Mine needs straightening since the Hug Sewing Marathon. but that is for
tomorrow. Today I must get the Butterfly fabrics out and get cutting as I
MUST get the butterfly Warm Window done for our bedroom. Neighbor is burning
garbage wood in his fireplace that makes me lose my voice. Even with voice
control and 2 AIR FILTERS going full blast. gotta seal up the window...and
the Warm Window will do that.

Butterfly (making no resolutions for this year)

et...

Old January 1st 09, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 07:18:44 -0600, Kate XXXXXX wrote
(in article ) :

Keep the sewing room tidy!

I have a MAJOR clear-up exercise to do in there... Machines and fabric
and threads and bits all over the place, careful footwork needed to
negotiate the bosticle course that is the 'floor', and homes to find for
new toys. When it's all pretty and you can really see that there is a
bed and a chair in there besides the heap, I must try to keep it that way...

It won't be easy. I have no illusions about this.

So a joyous New Year to all, and good luck with your plans, however
small and local they may be!

Good luck with your resolution. I've been trying to think what my "goals"
for 2009 are (I've decide I don't like resolution--to guilt inducing when I
fail. I'll call them goals instead). I think my quilting one will be to use
up some stash.

Maureen

Old January 1st 09, 05:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Darling Pat, I have no trouble at all buying fabric! I LOVE buying
fabric! My dream is to eventually own a yard or so of EVERY Moda
Marble and Fossil Fern :-) (Long way to go, budget is groaning.) But
you're right, I do not buy everything at once for particular projects.
Roberta in D

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 15:24:46 +0000, Patti
wrote:

Ooh!!
I wonder if I could get you as far as buying fabric for a single
project? and, even worse, fabric of the same line in different colours?
No, I guess that would be impossible for you g. I won't inflict any
persuasion on that score on you - too cruel!
.
In message , Roberta
writes