OT......I need sympathy:-(

Old November 27th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nana.Wilson

Default OT......I need sympathy:-(

I was frisked @ the air port:-( I accidentally set off the metal detector.
I forgot to take off my medic bracelet. So there I stand, straddled with me
palms up with EVERY BODY watching me. They had to get a female personnel
to physically pat me down!! My face was RED!! I digress...........
I was my GS's escort. He's 13 & was going to his Dad's for the holiday.
DH heard on the news that there was no parking @ the air port at all so he
went to a near by mall after he dropped us off.
I just feel so dirty....... Then when I told DH, He told me I looked like a
terrorist!!! A 64 yo GM How humiliatingSHEESH

Nana going back to quilting so's I won't get in any more trouble
Thanks for letting me become cooler.........My face is still
RED!!

Old November 27th 08, 06:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Our youngest DD got a speeding ticket for coming off an Interstate ramp too
fast. (Like if you dismounted slowly you wouldn't get run over?)
Anyhow.
She protested.
Instead of paying the ticket, she went to court.
To be admitted to court, she had to be 'patted down'.
Ah me. This does sound like my daughter, doesn't it?
As always, court went on and on and on. DD had to make a phone call
outside of court to explain that she was going to be a while.
Coming back into court, she said to the elderly bailiff, "Oh boy! Are
you going to do me again?"
Poor old guy. He just wasn't ready for Polly Ester II. Polly

"Nana.Wilson" wroteI was frisked @ the air port:-( I accidentally set off

Old November 27th 08, 09:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne Gottliebsen

Nana.Wilson wrote:
I was frisked @ the air port:-( I accidentally set off the metal detector.
I forgot to take off my medic bracelet. So there I stand, straddled with me
palms up with EVERY BODY watching me. They had to get a female personnel
to physically pat me down!! My face was RED!! I digress...........
I was my GS's escort. He's 13 & was going to his Dad's for the holiday.
DH heard on the news that there was no parking @ the air port at all so he
went to a near by mall after he dropped us off.
I just feel so dirty....... Then when I told DH, He told me I looked like a
terrorist!!! A 64 yo GM How humiliatingSHEESH

Nana going back to quilting so's I won't get in any more trouble
Thanks for letting me become cooler.........My face is still
RED!!

Nana,

Now, really! This happens all the time. Often it doesn't matter if you
set the metal detector off or not - they just frisk some people anyway.

Do you ever notice other people getting frisked? I usually just go on my
way - having spent more than enough time on that part of my journey.

Face it, you could have been frisked by some cute young guy, if your
face was red as it was, what would you have felt like then? :-)

Hanne in London
- who flies too much and see it mostly as a bus trip with more hurdles...
Old November 27th 08, 10:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Nana.Wilson wrote:
I was frisked @ the air port:-( I accidentally set off the metal detector.
I forgot to take off my medic bracelet. So there I stand, straddled with me
palms up with EVERY BODY watching me. They had to get a female personnel
to physically pat me down!! My face was RED!! I digress...........

At our local airport if you set of the detector for any reason you are
frisked - they do not use wands at all. They also frisk some people at
random too. Hand luggage gets unpacked & swabbed on a random basis too,
as well as if they can't see through properly.

Yes it is annoying, yes it intrudes in you personal space, no it does
not single you out as a terrorist.

Does it really help reduce smuggling & terrorism? Maybe.

Could they be more polite and understanding about the process? Yes,
definitely.

It does annoy me as by using the "security & safety" excuse they get
away with it, but it doesn't embarrass me.

Lizzy

PS When flying to Israel at the final security gate they pat you down
for everything they can find - even underwires in bras and zips in
trousers. They REALLY take no chances.
Old November 27th 08, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

My hip prosthesis sets off the alarm every time. I always get frisked in
full view of everybody. And.... cuz I wear underwire bras, I get a thorough
'feeling up' in that area as well. It's just part of flying. Don't let
them get to ya! You really weren't singled out.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old November 27th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Have they introduced the "see-through" machines yet? Germany decided
not to allow them at airports, because the bodies on the screen really
appear nude. IMO that's much more invasive than a frisking!
Roberta in D

Old November 27th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Roberta wrote:
Have they introduced the "see-through" machines yet? Germany decided
not to allow them at airports, because the bodies on the screen really
appear nude. IMO that's much more invasive than a frisking!

I doubt we'll get them at Manchester (UK that is not NH) as they object
to spending out when they don't have to. Hence frisking not metal
detecting wands.

Two out of our three terminals do have IRIS though
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ma...enterwithiris/
Which makes re-entering the country easier if you are on the system and
are not travelling with children (under 18s are not allowed to register
for it).

Lizzy
Old November 27th 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nana.Wilson

"Lizzy Taylor" wrote in message
Roberta wrote:
Have they introduced the "see-through" machines yet? Germany decided
not to allow them at airports, because the bodies on the screen really
appear nude. IMO that's much more invasive than a frisking!

I doubt we'll get them at Manchester (UK that is not NH) as they object to
spending out when they don't have to. Hence frisking not metal detecting
wands.

Two out of our three terminals do have IRIS though
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ma...enterwithiris/
Which makes re-entering the country easier if you are on the system and
are not travelling with children (under 18s are not allowed to register
for it).

Lizzy

Oh! Lizzy!! I WAS subjected to the hand held wand BEFORE the touching
(Cute fella woulda been more better!!)

Nana

Old November 27th 08, 04:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Nana.Wilson wrote:

Oh! Lizzy!! I WAS subjected to the hand held wand BEFORE the touching
(Cute fella woulda been more better!!)

I know what you mean. They won't let ladies through the metal detecting
gate if the female official is busy patting somebody down. Wouldn't
bother me who did it, I just want to get the process over and done with.

Lizzy
Old November 27th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Just think of the poor lady that was wearing a 'wired push-up bra'. She had
to wait until the FEMALE 'frisker's was done. Never mind she had a cane,
note from her Dr, etc. They HAVE TO DO IT. It is the Airline LAW.
Most of them couldn't even tell you what you were wearing..They could tell
you how tall you were, what color your hair was...that kind of stuff.

We have gotten to where I request a wheelchair...(I have a TENS machine--you
can't see it) DH has 2 replaced knees.....we both get frisked even with Dr
notes. They DO ask where the TENS machine is and if they can lightly touch
it...most just ask where.

Just remember they are not doing it on purpose. The MACHINE tattled and it
can't read your Dr's note.

HTH
Butterfly