Shirley touching base

Old February 18th 07, 07:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Default Shirley touching base

Been busy since New year.
First I had 5 hospital appointments. I am coping well with the diabetes
but not had any results back from the heart tests yet.

I have been busy making all the wedding stationery for GD forth coming
wedding. All the church and evening invites, order of service, menu's
and place names.

I have to do her 3 tier cake and have got the cake stand and the flowers
she wants ready.

We are also celebrating that the same GD has just got her Master's
degree in Nutrition at the age of 23. We are happy for her.

Our eldest son ( my computer man) is going back to deep sea trips
tomorrow. We shall not see him for 3 months. No trips to the ship for
lunch like we did on his previous ship. Just hope my computer behaves.
Just as a back up he gave me his old lap top that he rigged up for me to
be able to get emails and newsgroups. Also I have my old computer in the
next room for doing my craft works.

Not been able to do much beading but I need to talk to GD to ask about
what jewellery she would like to wear with her wedding gown. I have
loads of vintage crystal necklaces that I can take apart to do something
with.
Some of my finds from antique fair forages, when I was searching for
Shirley's Spoons.

Well I think that is me up to date.
Must get on. DS is coming for his last Sunday lunch for awhile and I
want to make his favourite egg custard tart for dessert.
Hugs to all
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old February 18th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

(((((((Shirley)))))) It's so great to hear from you, sweetie. Congrats to
your GD!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old February 19th 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Jan G

Shirley, what date is your GD's wedding? Our daughter is 10 March. I am
making a bun wrap and necklace from crystals and pearls. It will seem
real when they arrive from UK. Ngaire comes 27 Feb and Paul two days
before the wedding. He is playing a game of soccer the night before he
leaves.

We just want a happy day and if things go wrong it will be a memory, good
or bad. Gran is almost 88 and has loved getting her garden ready-with
help from family.

Cheers, Jan
Old February 19th 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Polly S.

Shirley Shone wrote:
Been busy since New year.
First I had 5 hospital appointments. I am coping well with the diabetes
but not had any results back from the heart tests yet.

I have been busy making all the wedding stationery for GD forth coming
wedding. All the church and evening invites, order of service, menu's
and place names.

Hi Shirley big wave!!!!! Congratulations to your GD and her beloved.
She is a very lucky girl to have you for a grandmother!!!

{{{{{Shirley}}}}}

--
Polly
don't spook my groove...

email - webmaster at beadfulheart dot com
Old February 19th 07, 07:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

In message , Jan G
writes
Shirley, what date is your GD's wedding? Our daughter is 10 March. I am
making a bun wrap and necklace from crystals and pearls. It will seem
real when they arrive from UK. Ngaire comes 27 Feb and Paul two days
before the wedding. He is playing a game of soccer the night before he
leaves.

We just want a happy day and if things go wrong it will be a memory, good
or bad. Gran is almost 88 and has loved getting her garden ready-with
help from family.

Cheers, Jan

It is not until September but I needed to start work on the things
early. I never know when my heart my throw a wobbler like it did in
Nov. so need to do things when I can.

Sarah is wearing a full veil and tiara. She got the veil from USA.

Old February 20th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Great to hear from you, Shirley!! Congrats on the upcoming wedding. What a
treasure to have your grandmother make your wedding jewelry!!!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old February 20th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Shirley,

So glad ot hear from you! I've got a new job, so I"m not home during the
day anymore. Maybe we can arrange a convenient time on the weekend to
Skype chat?

Enjoy the preparations for the wedding! I'm sure you and the family are
very excited.

Love,
Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Votary

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
NEW! http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Old February 20th 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

So much news, Shirley! Glad to hear that your diabetes is still in check
and I hope your heart tests come back with good results!

Congratulations on your GD getting married! It sounds like you've been
very, very busy and I hope things continue to go well with you.
{{{{Shirley}}}}
--
hugs,
Linda

:
[...]
: --
: Shirley Shone
:
:
http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk

Old February 20th 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Yes it would be nice to chat on Skype again.
It is very rare for me to go out on a Sunday. Only usually go out Sat
morning and in the rest of the day.

David bought me a new headset but I have to work out the mute button
yet.. Grandson cannot hear me but I can hear him but he rings of before
I can sort the buttons out. Dratted child!!

Any one else out there who uses Skype.
Shirley

In message , Barbara Forbes-Lyons
writes