Fusibles

Old February 26th 06, 12:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Fusibles

I use a teflon sheet,like the ones you reuse to line your baking tins in the
oven,with any fusible web. Put the pattern under it and position the
overlapping pieces and press in the usual way.Just lifts off in one piece to
position in its final destination.Hope this helps and makes sense. Estelle
uk
"frood" wrote in message
I've been using Steam a Seam 2, and I like the way it is kinda sticky, so
you can position (and re-position) before fusing. However, I don't like
how you can only fuse once. Right now, I'm working on an applique project
that requires multiple pieces on one applique figure, and it would be nice
to fuse the piece together, before fusing it to the background.

Is there a fusible that allows you to position and re-position before the
final fuse, but allows you to fuse small pieces to a larger piece? Does
this make sense? I'm fusing a "person" who has hair, face, clothing, etc.
all separate pieces, but I don't want to fuse it down yet.

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply

Old February 26th 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I believe I'm with Leslie on this one. I think I blew a fuse somewhere in
the middle of the question and never quite made it through the answers.
I'll be all right. You just carry on. Polly

Old February 26th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi, Jan, Just bought the background fabric for the Diva and hope to start on
her soon!! My Mom bought her at a Quilt Show in Shreveport, La and when she
read over the instructions she sacked up what she had bought for her and
sent it all to me. LOL

--
Donna in NE La.
"Jan" wrote in message
. 125.201...
Actually the way you do that with steam a seam 2 is to get an applique
sheet.... fuse what you want together, let it cool.... put on your next
layer and then fuse etc. That's the way they said to do the Diva I've
been
working on. You fused different groups together, then fused those
together
etc and then to the background. If you need to store between fusings off
the applique sheet then you can move it to wax paper. Hope that helps!

Jan

"frood" wrote in
:

Old February 26th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It sounds difficult when you just read over the instructions but I'm hoping
that as I do it step by step that it won't drive me completely bonkers
(because I'm afraid that it would be just a short drive LOL)!!

--
Donna in NE La.
"Jan" wrote in message
. 125.201...
"Donna" wrote in
:

Hi, Jan, Just bought the background fabric for the Diva and hope to
start on her soon!! My Mom bought her at a Quilt Show in Shreveport,
La and when she read over the instructions she sacked up what she had
bought for her and sent it all to me. LOL

ROTFL smart woman!! I had my husband watch my child when I did all the
fusing so I wouldn't get confused, or have to worry about having the irone
on for so long, but I am still just stuck on the sewing around the edges.
I've been slowly chipping away at it.... I keep trying to figure out how
put it on my long arm and get it done.... but probably needs to be done on
my domestic machine or by hand. But I do love the wall hanging!!! And I
have learned a lot by doing it.

Jan

Old February 27th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

LOL!!

--
Donna in NE La.
"Jan" wrote in message
. 125.201...
"Donna" wrote in
:

It sounds difficult when you just read over the instructions but I'm
hoping that as I do it step by step that it won't drive me completely
bonkers (because I'm afraid that it would be just a short drive LOL)!!

As long as you break it down, it's not an issue...... now if I had tried
it
while watching my four year old.... it probably would have ended up
looking
like a picasso or a self image vbg

Jan

Old February 27th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

There was a Diva WH in the Show this week. It was actually in the
special exhibit section, the challenge exhibit from my guild.
That WH was one of the winners at the guild. The quilter stated
that she could not find a good 'blue hair' fabric, so used yarn
swirled around. It was so cool! HTH.
Pat in VA

Old February 28th 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

So that was what that funny noise was in my backyard. Actually thought it
was thunder this afternoon....bit of rain and lots of high winds. Here it
was Polly's fuse landing there--it had a bit of a southern accent to it.

Butterfly (You should have sent a Gator with it. I needed one for the X-Ray
appt gal that could NOT find my appt. My ENT Dr was NOT amused--now
rescheduled on Fri and his Nurse is going to call them that AM to be SURE
they still have me on the books. I like this nurse more each time I have
truck with her--she gets things DONE)

et...

Old March 16th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yes, the post-it not products a

3M 77 or Champion's Choice Multi-Purpose Mist Adhesive (5115). If you
spray one side, you get a post-it note, if you spray both sides, you
have a perm bond. These two adhesives are clear above anything else
you can buy.

Cheryl in OZ wrote:
Isn't there a spray adhesive that acts like a Post-It note (peel, stick,
peel, stick, etc)?

When I have had to "layer" multiple pieces I use an applique mat and do it
in stages and segments. That way any errors can be corrected/replaced
before it all goes together.

Sorry - that's probably not much help. I have never been into fusing much.
One of the things I like about how I do hand app is that I can change any
piece or position right up until stitching the assembled segments to the
quilt.
--

Cheryl in Oz
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau