christmas stocking patterns?

Old October 30th 05, 11:24 AM
Morag in Oxford

Default christmas stocking patterns?

Hi all,

I want to make Christmas stocking for my 2 children this year - can anyone
direct me to some nice, easy and free patterns on the web? I'm thinking
it'll be a great way to use up some of my stash and make something more
individual than you'd get in the shops.

Morag

Old October 30th 05, 12:40 PM
Cheryl in Oz

Until someone come up with something better -

Why not cut a rough shape from fleecy or batting and string piece over it,
then trim to make a stocking?

Or applique some motifs from Christmad primts onto stocking shapes?

Or make really lush velvet stockings from velvet scraps, applique initials
and trim with odd beads and gold/silver buttons? (depending on ages of
course)

Not for the kids - but my favourite stockings (that I have made for someone
else) were a pair (left and right) each for a husband and wife - his to look
like Argyle socks and hers quilted to look like long thin fishnet stockings,
complete with garters and seam lines. Both pair are still in use after
nearly ten years. They were a lot of fun to make and got a real laugh when
presented!

--

Cheryl
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

Old October 30th 05, 01:11 PM
Tina

These sound adorable Cheryl! Mind if I swipe your idea - these sound
great for DH and I! LOL

Hugs,
Tina

Old October 30th 05, 01:15 PM
Tina

Morag - when I started working on stockings, I did an archive search
here on the group and came up with tons of instructions, web sites,
etc.

This is from the previous thread we had a couple of weeks ago.....

http://www.whitesewing.com/PDFs/Craz...20Stocking.pdf

There is a pattern on quiltinaday.com.
That is Eleanor Burns website.
It is a med size. I made 4 of them.
dreamboat

Hugs,
Tina

Old October 30th 05, 02:22 PM
Christina in Ok

Tina, Sometimes people cannot use the archive search,
as in my case, my ISP will only keep messages for 10 days then are removed.
ups.com...

Old October 30th 05, 03:26 PM
maryd

Connecting Threads has one here.
http://www.connectingthreads.com/boo...&numberShown=2
:

Old October 30th 05, 03:57 PM
Tina

awww, thanks Christina, good to know! I'm reading the NG through
Google, so I guess I am unlimited to looking up archives.

Tina

Old October 30th 05, 04:47 PM
quilter

I've made a couple adapted from a magazine pattern. They are in my
webshots album (below), and I'm sure you can figure them out without
the pattern.

Lynn
http://community.webshots.com/user/quilter329

Old October 31st 05, 12:18 AM
Sally Swindells

Have you tried

http://tinyurl.com/adk8u

for archives of stockings

or

http://tinyurl.com/auxtc

for other achives.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 08:22:10 -0600, "Christina in Ok"
wrote:

Tina, Sometimes people cannot use the archive search,
as in my case, my ISP will only keep messages for 10 days then are removed.
oups.com...

Old November 1st 05, 02:23 PM
Tina

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art6345.asp
http://www.ezquilt.com/patterns/patterns.htm

I was looking for something else this morning, and ran across these two
great sites with FREE patterns for stockings, and other goodies too!

Hugs,
Tina