Favorite type of bead

Old May 6th 05, 01:09 AM
Empress Beads

Default Favorite type of bead

I am just throwing something to comment on. What is your favorite type of
bead to design with?

Mine are seed beads.

Just curious.

Thanks
Amy
http://www.empressbeads.com

Old May 6th 05, 01:24 AM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

4mm Swarovski crystal bicones

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old May 6th 05, 01:46 AM
Dr. Sooz

I can't answer that. Everything I make uses an enormous assortment of
bead types.

Old May 6th 05, 02:10 AM
Empress Beads

It is perfectly OK to plead the fifth in this situation. tee hee hee

-Amy
http://www.empressbeads.com
oups.com...

Old May 6th 05, 02:24 AM

hmm. Right now it is my sandblasted fused dichroic pendants combined
with Bali, crystals and seed beads. Or dichro pendants and gemstones. I
guess my first love will always be semi precious shaped beads, but then
I love artists' lampwork with crystals and Bali.
Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

Old May 6th 05, 02:30 AM
Cindy Schoepp

I love adding crystals of any size or shape to my creations.

Cindy
www.uniquecreationsbycindy.ca

Old May 6th 05, 03:16 AM
gwacie

I really like to work with sculptural lampwork the best. Since I make the
pieces that go into the jewelry I can have lots of funky fun. Fish are
probably my most favorite thing to work with followed closely by flowers (of
course). Oh and I LOVE those pressed Czech daggers and leaves and pointy
style beadies too.

Old May 6th 05, 03:19 AM
Polly S.

hmm. Right now it is my sandblasted fused dichroic pendants combined
with Bali, crystals and seed beads. Or dichro pendants and gemstones. I
guess my first love will always be semi precious shaped beads, but then
I love artists' lampwork with crystals and Bali.
Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

Lately it seems to be fwp and seed beads (ack!)... and the smaller
lampwork spacer type beads. I want more of those but you guys make such
big beautiful ones!!! Who's got more spacers/small lampwork???

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
Old May 6th 05, 03:53 AM
FurPaw

Empress Beads wrote:
I am just throwing something to comment on. What is your favorite type of
bead to design with?

Mine are seed beads.

Right now... delicas and seed beads. But as I acquire small crystal
beads, they are intriguing me too.

The only type I've tried so far that I didn't like are some tubular
cat's eye seed beads labeled size 11/o but seem more like 8/o. They
don't seem to have been polished after cutting/breaking into beads,
and they cause my thread to fray badly. I've messed with them,
haven't made anything. Too bad - I love what they do with light.

Oh. And cheap seed beads. They're so variable that they really
annoy my perfectionistic desire for regularity.

Carol in NM

--
"Here we go round the prickly pear
At five o'clock in the morning."

To reply, unleash the dog
Old May 6th 05, 05:47 AM
Kandice Seeber

Lampwork, Swarovski crystals and sterling silver. How can we pick just one?
LOL

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs