Needles for hand quilting

Old February 26th 05, 02:26 PM
Pati Cook

I do too, Louise. Discovered them and they are great. I don't have
trouble threading them most of the time and they are a good size for
me. I even use them for piecing and applique.
Pati, in Phx

Louise wrote:

I like Roxanne 11s (actually, I prefer the 12s, but they're getting too hard
for me to thread without the help of my 6-year-old nephew).

Old February 28th 05, 03:09 PM
Pat in Virginia

From the Piecemakers web site:
http://www.piecemakers.com/god/holyspirit23.html

I like the S. Thomas and the John James Needles.
PAT

Jan wrote:
Piecemakers size 12

Jan

"Ray & Sharon Johnson" wrote in
:

OK I got the group's opinions on thimbles. Now I am asking what you
like for hand quilting in the line of needles.

Brand, and needle number.

Thanks, Sharon

Old February 28th 05, 04:02 PM
Marcella Peek

In article 9uGUd.12817$Sn6.3958@lakeread03,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

From the Piecemakers web site:
http://www.piecemakers.com/god/holyspirit23.html

And they don't make nice needles either. Too bendy and microscopic eyes.

marcella
Old February 28th 05, 11:41 PM
Kathy

I use and love Jeanna Kimballs betweens size 11. I switched to these
from Piecemakers size 12 several years ago when I became aware of what
was behind the company. The Jeanna Kimball needles are thin and strong
and have a good size eye so that these getting old eyes can still thread
it without too much of a problem.

Kathy in NH

Jan wrote:
Wow.... now that's enough to make me switch. Thanks Pat....

Jan... now looking for a new brand of needles....

Pat in Virginia wrote in news:9uGUd.12817$Sn6.3958
@lakeread03:

From the Piecemakers web site:

http://www.piecemakers.com/god/holyspirit23.html

I like the S. Thomas and the John James Needles.
PAT

Jan wrote:

Piecemakers size 12

Jan

"Ray & Sharon Johnson" wrote in
:

Old March 1st 05, 01:12 PM
Pat in Virginia

From the Piecemakers web site:

http://www.piecemakers.com/god/holyspirit23.html

I like the S. Thomas and the John James Needles.
PAT

Musicmaker wrote:

1 thing you have to keep in mind - do you prefer a worn out needle to bend
or to break? I personally hate a bent needle, so I buy Piecemaker's 'cause
they always break instead of bend.

Old March 1st 05, 05:01 PM
Butterfly

I knew this was a radical group but didn't realize how awful (I'm trying to
contain my rage)
It turned my stomach
Haven't been to their site in years
thanks for the reminder--I think
Hugs
Butterfly
From the Piecemakers web site:

Musicmaker wrote:

1 thing you have to keep in mind - do you prefer a worn out needle to
bend
or to break? I personally hate a bent needle, so I buy Piecemaker's
'cause
they always break instead of bend.

Question of the Day - double pointed needles LibraryCat513 Yarn 8 January 14th 05 12:14 AM
Gauge: Circular vs Straight needles Gallagher Yarn 13 August 25th 04 11:56 PM
John James Needles Suzanne Needlework 3 July 20th 04 11:56 PM
Request for your extra needles and hooks Jenn Vanderslice Yarn 2 February 5th 04 07:41 PM
Nickel plated brass needles AGRES Yarn 0 July 24th 03 09:59 PM