Ever been to or lived in Australia??

Old September 9th 04, 04:55 PM
BeeLamb

Default Ever been to or lived in Australia??

Here's an old voice from the past_ Hi everyone-Now I alway seem to know where
to land when I need help!!!.After the merry go round horses wallhanging is done
and the pizza quilt is done, I want to do a wall hanging of something about
Australia as my friend and Hubby spent holiday there during our last winter,
and she fell in love with it. I know very little about it and hope some of you
that have been there or live there could give me some help. I would be ever so
greatful Thanks- Betty

Old September 9th 04, 09:04 PM
Anne

Only visited Sydney for 5 days (pre Olympics) so not much help there. But I just
received some adorable Koala fabric in a thunkie and I'd be willing to share a bit
of it if you like. Colors are predominantly gray-blue-greenish on white.

Anne in CA

Old September 9th 04, 09:21 PM
nana2b

Not been there yet, but it is on our list. How about some photo fabric of
Ularu (sorry about sp) or some Aborgine designs.?

Linda

Old September 9th 04, 10:16 PM
Sharon Harper

Yee Haaaw Betty. Welcome home! What can I tell you about?

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Old September 10th 04, 01:31 AM
miriam \mim\ spencer

last winter when I was there, i was given a great book with Assie animals
done in Paper piecing. I would be happy to chat with you if you think I
might be able to give some ideas. There were animals and birds. All were
made into blocks -- not appliqued.

It was such a great trip to AU and NZ that I will go back in a couple years
for more hiking and visiting. The friendliest folks live there!!!

Mim in Maine

Old September 10th 04, 11:47 PM
BeeLamb

Oh! thank you so muchIwould love a copy of the pattternthe fat quartersmwould
be nice. E-mail me about cost and I will send it on to you. How best to send
it?Betty
Old September 11th 04, 12:09 AM
BeeLamb

Hi Sharon How nice to hear from you. I am planning to do this wall hanging 18
wide by24inches high. I want pictures,post cards, fabric Things I can
photograph(copy) draw, applique whatever. My idea is to have two (man&woman)
facing each other. no face features- the area of the brain.will be full of
pictures of things of a Australia. For both heads. Then I will embroidery the
word MEMORIES either on the top or bottom. it seems weird, I know, but she is
a social worker with troubled teenagers and he is a physiologist., so I thought
this would amuse them. Any help, suggestion you can offer, I will be happy to
get and will cover any expense to you. Thanks a Bunch Betty

For my friends in Australia & NZ Quil Quilting 6 February 4th 04 11:58 AM
OT - Australia Day Nina Quilting 18 January 29th 04 05:34 PM
Recommendations for sewing machine repairer in Melbourne, Australia Catherine Donaldson Quilting 6 December 8th 03 08:21 PM
Wear 2003 Summer Style Sunglasses and enjoy Rugby World Cup Australia ! Kevin Pottery 0 October 11th 03 06:13 AM