Need help with Tension.....

Old February 12th 05, 03:01 PM
Michelle in NJ

I have no control really over the threading of the needle, it does it all by
itself.. i've rethreadded it a few times but the only thing that fixed it
was using cotton on both sides.. so i'll just have to use a different color
then the one i wanted

Thanks all!!!

Michelle

"ALZ" wrote in message
I've never heard of the Brother 8250, but the 8200 has has a different
type of tension than most machines. The thread is fed through the
tension discs differently. I remember that it was recommended that it
is essential that the stitch length be set to the longest stitch
length in order for the thread to feed properly. For most machines the
stitch length doesn't matter.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY
I'm having trouble with my Brother 8250. I am trying to quilt together 2
cotton fabrics with warm and natural in between. and no matter what i do
can't get my tension right. on the bottom of the fabric, the bobbin
thread
is just straight.. i can pull it right out... and the top thread is
looping at the bottom so i can see the little loop bumps when i turn the
fabric over..

Old February 12th 05, 10:38 PM
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"Michelle in NJ" wrote:

I have no control really over the threading of the needle, it does it all by
itself.. i've rethreadded it a few times but the only thing that fixed it
was using cotton on both sides.. so i'll just have to use a different color
then the one i wanted

Thanks all!!!

Michelle

I believe the problem is the thread Weight not Type. You can mix cotton
and poly (or rayon or nylon or whatever) but the weights have to be
similar. You said your cotton thread was 40 weight - nice for quilting,
very heavy so stitches show well. But, you said the poly was 100 wt
which is very fine - it's the weight some applique-ers like as their
stitches are nearly invisible.

I would imagine that a machine would have quite a bit of difficulty
balancing the two. Is the poly color available in a heavier weight or
the cotton in a lighter weight?

marcella

tension problem Shona in NZ Quilting 23 May 6th 04 04:47 PM
Off-loom Weave Tension Help Margie Beads 9 April 30th 04 01:46 PM
Quick sewing machine tension question Kathy Applebaum Quilting 2 January 31st 04 10:29 PM
FW question-on tension Two x over Quilting 3 January 22nd 04 01:48 AM
Help! Tension problems? Cina Quilting 11 December 17th 03 11:53 PM