Road to California Quilt Show

Old January 16th 05, 03:33 AM
Debbi

Default Road to California Quilt Show

Spent the entire day at the Road to California Quilt Show. Had an absolute
blast. GF and I left early, she had the directions to get there from the
website, but we forgot to check with Rand McNally or Mapquest to see who to
get to the correct freeway. We made up our own way and were in the general
area of the quilt show 30 minutes faster than usual, BUT, alas we had
trouble finding the convention center (only I can lose a building the size
of the convention center). Finally arrived and our day of fun began.

Went shopping for lots of new gadgets. Did not find too many new things that
I did not already have or could not live without. I did get templates for an
I Spy so I can do quilts for my nephews. I also go a desk light (Day Light)
to go on my sewing table. Amazingly, bought no fabric this trip, but then
again my birthday will be here the first of April and I get to take
advantage of a lot of birthday sales. I will also be going to the Glendale
Show, I think.

Anyways, back on track. There seem to be less quilts this year than last
year, but the quality was far superior. There was not one quilt that looked
like it did not belong at a show of this quality. The featured quilter was
Sharon Schamber. Her quilts were exquisite.
http://www.sharonschamber.com/index.html

I am really inspired to get back to work after seeing the quilts today. I
took lots of pictures, not that I will ever be able to work of that caliber.
You have to have a real artistic talent which I lack when it comes to
original designs.

Debbi in SO CA

Old January 16th 05, 06:24 AM
Terbear

Sorry I missed you Deb, Amy & I went Thursday, the first day.
We had so much fun. I, on the other hand did buy lots of Valentine FQ's, to
go with my heart quilt from my heart birthday blocks that I have been
getting. Mom is taking me shopping on my BD, $100.00 to spend anyway I like,
just have to spend it all! I will be heading to the fabric stores for sure!
Teri

--
Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old January 16th 05, 04:35 PM
Debbi

Teri,

Remember, Leah's gives you 25% of everything the week of your birthday,
Material Possessions gives you 20% off of everything the months of your
birthday. Can use both offers only once. I have saved money for my annual
spree in April!

Debbi in SO CA

Old January 16th 05, 10:52 PM
Marcella Peek

Thanks for your report! Each year I dream of going to this show. I'm
actually going to be in Burbank next Thursday and Friday and was
thinking I'd be there.....then I realized I would be a week late. Oh
well, I'll dream again for next year.

Everyone can see the winning quilts and wearables on their website
though...

http://www.road2ca.com/2005winners.html

Report back on how you like your new light, too.

marcella

Old January 16th 05, 11:12 PM
taria

I got over there on Thursday. There was some absolutely stunning work.
I told DH my work looks like a kid did it after seeing some of the
very fine work. I did feel better when I overheard someone commenting on
a very intricate quilt "some people must not have anything going on in
their life". Some of the pieces really seem almost overwhelming to me.

I brought home a variety of stuff that I needed but there really didn't
see anything that was new and exciting. I didn't buy fabric either. I
must be getting pickier, have too much (blasphemy), or there just wasn't
much there that was 'wow'.

Everytime I go to Road I come home realizing I really enjoy the smaller
guild shows more. That probably is just me though.

Taria

Old January 17th 05, 02:14 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Marcella Peek wrote:

Thanks for your report! Each year I dream of going to this show. I'm
actually going to be in Burbank next Thursday and Friday and was
thinking I'd be there.....then I realized I would be a week late. Oh
well, I'll dream again for next year.

Everyone can see the winning quilts and wearables on their website
though...

http://www.road2ca.com/2005winners.html

Report back on how you like your new light, too.

marcella

Thanks for the link, Marcella! It was fun seeing those quilts, many of
which I'd seen in Houston, too.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

Quilt Show Suggestions Needed Pat in Virginia Quilting 22 July 10th 04 12:17 PM
I went to a quilt show last Sunday--long Debra Quilting 6 March 26th 04 02:54 AM
Sun Prarie Wi Quilt Show Mauvice Murphy Quilting 4 March 24th 04 07:39 PM
Quilt Show pain Polly Esther Quilting 14 March 24th 04 05:47 PM
Advice on quilt show award MJ Quilting 0 February 8th 04 09:24 PM