Spring Inspirations?

Old March 28th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Spring Inspirations?

but of course! why else go there ;-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands
Take out: so much quilting to reply.
Time to accept, time to grow, time to take things slow
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jes...pson/my_photos
go on jess,
you'd come home with LIME too.
heehee
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

Old March 28th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
[snip]
And several Qu(ilts) I(n) P(ackets)! These are ones I have the stuff for,
all sorted and bagged and ready, but haven't yet cut.

Oh, so *that's* what they're called. I have a bunch of those, too. grin
Usually because I haven't really decided on a pattern.

--
TerriLee in WA (state)

Old March 28th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

You guys are killing me with all this talk of spring!

We are having rain, rain, rain, rain, rain! sigh. OK, a couple weeks
ago we had snow, but mostly it's been rain, wind, thunder and lightening
and hail. Sniffle, I want spring! Sheesh, it I wanted to live with
this kind of weather I could move to Portland, or Seattle or something
;-)

The color outside is grey with a coating of mud. phooey.

marcella
more snow tonight down to 4,000 feet
Old March 28th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

TerriLee in WA wrote:

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
[snip]

And several Qu(ilts) I(n) P(ackets)! These are ones I have the stuff for,
all sorted and bagged and ready, but haven't yet cut.

Oh, so *that's* what they're called. I have a bunch of those, too. grin
Usually because I haven't really decided on a pattern.

Oh, I even have the book in one of the bags! All bought together for a
'stack & slash' quilt.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old March 29th 06, 11:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Every quilt should have some lime.Brings everything to life!!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
faint
all shades of LIME!!!
now u've got it.
a gal after my own heart, sigh...
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
http://community.webshots.com/user/VirtualQuilting
"WOK- the ancient art"
http://www.frappr.com/rctq Put yourself on the RCTQ map!!!

"Estelle Gallagher" wrote...

All shades of lime green,(if that makes sense) and of course after the
creamy yellow of primroses and yellow of Daffodils there is the glorious
Blue bells! My Daffs are about 4 weeks late this year.Just opening!
Glorious time of year.My favorite!

Old March 29th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I actually have a quilt where the lime green, just a bit in the quilt
and the narrow binding, actually toned down the colors. BG works
wonderfully well for that.

Pati, in Phx

Old March 30th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:59:03 +0100, Kate Dicey
wrote:

Barns? Here it's houses! We are on cesspool drainage... Mains drains
do not reach some parts of Kent! The 'honey wagon' is what empties the
pool... Later on we get the '**** bills' for the privilege! When the
council emptied it, the bills came on 'cheap loo roll pink' paper, and
so were ever named!

That is funny, Kate! I can't wait to read it to DH. He works at a
waste water facility so you know he'll get a chuckle out of the pink
bills.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old March 30th 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Some days I am glad to be a city girl!
Taria

Julia in MN wrote:
Bonnie NJ wrote:

Hey Georg, I don't know what you mean by honey wagons but I don't
think what we refer to as honey wagons as a sign of Spring.
What is your definition for a honey wagon?

Around here a lot of newer barns are built with a manure pit under the
animals; the manure falls through a grate into the manure pit, where it
starts to decompose and liquify. Several times a year, the manure is
pumped out of the pit, into a "honey wagon" and spread on the fields.
This is usually done in the spring, after the weather warms up a bit and
before the fields are planted. The rotted manure has a very strong
smell, stronger than fresh manure; hog manure is much stinkier than cow
manure, too. I can see why the smell of a honey wagon would be a sign of
spring, though it would not have been something I would have thought of

Julia in MN

Old March 30th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Carol:
New grass green, of course. Yellow for
daffodils and forsythia. Deep mauve for the
lovely Red Bud trees. White for the Bradford
Pears. Cherry blossom pink. That's how Spring
looks in Virginia.
PAT in VA/USA

wrote:

Hi everyone:
With the weather beginning to warm up here in New Hampshire and
anticipating the gorgeous spring colors to follow, I am itching to
create a new wall quilt featuring spring colors. Yellow, purple and
green are on the top of my list, but I am also wondering what color
combinations make others think of spring.
So, what does spring look like to you?
All the best,
Carol
www.caroldoak.com