Spring Inspirations?

Old March 28th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Spring Inspirations?

I would also add the soft pale gray of the pussy willow. We had one that
Dad pruned into a tree when I was young. I always took pussy willows to
school for the teacher, after Dad did his spring pruning!
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everyone:
With the weather beginning to warm up here in New Hampshire and
anticipating the gorgeous spring colors to follow, I am itching to
create a new wall quilt featuring spring colors. Yellow, purple and
green are on the top of my list, but I am also wondering what color
combinations make others think of spring.
So, what does spring look like to you?
All the best,
Carol
www.caroldoak.com

Old March 28th 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

This is the time of year that I hang the antique feed sack quilts for
display and get out the 30's reproduction fabrics for my patchwork.
Yesterday I made butterfly blocks from feed sack fabrics.

Living in Illinois means spring brings new life. After a long winter
inside you are energized to get outside. I even like working in the
yard while the temperature is below 80. Shopping trips can involve
long drives. The one problem with Illinois spring is that you think it
has arrived several times only to watch the snow fall again. You can't
fall to the temptation of uncovering the plants too early. Last week
we had snow and temps in the 60's (different days but in the same
week).

Susan

Old March 28th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

And you made one block just for me, right? I'll put it up on the RCTQ wall I
have behind the compie where I am reminded of a 'few' of you each day as I
sit here : ) (No deadline)

Butterfly (If you want I can go to our LQS and buy a feedsack FQ to send to
you to make for me. I can do that if you want as she does have the 'real'
ones: ) butterfly-win gs at bak dot rr dot com

Old March 28th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Wow, thanks so much everyone for sharing your thoughts of spring
colors. My horizons have been expanded and my spring wall quilt will
acquire a more complex look with the addition of many of your spring
inspired colors.
All the best,
Carol
www.caroldoak.com

Old March 28th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
When a young man's fancy turn to thoughts of.........................

Sooorrrrrry. Couldn't resist that one! ;-)) Even though I am now into
quilting and too old for all that stuff!! :-))

Never! One is NEVER too old for swift retorts and fun!

Never thought anything else!! ;-))

Just been photographing a few of my wife's quilts. Now she HAS been quilting
for yonks!! :-)) Not a newbie like me!!

Hope to get them to a site this evening. Afraid she isn't computor
compatible so I am doing it for her.

Cheers Kate!!

Newbie Eddie

Old March 28th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Eddie wrote:

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message

When a young man's fancy turn to thoughts of.........................

Sooorrrrrry. Couldn't resist that one! ;-)) Even though I am now into
quilting and too old for all that stuff!! :-))

Never! One is NEVER too old for swift retorts and fun!

Never thought anything else!! ;-))

Just been photographing a few of my wife's quilts. Now she HAS been quilting
for yonks!! :-)) Not a newbie like me!!

Hope to get them to a site this evening. Afraid she isn't computor
compatible so I am doing it for her.

Cheers Kate!!

Newbie Eddie

I shall look forward to seeing them. I need some inspiration... Maybe
I should start by completing a few UFO's!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old March 28th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
I should start by completing a few UFO's!

Got loads of them here!! I trip over them everywhere I go in the house!!
;-))

Newbie Eddie

Old March 28th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh yes, Susan, just before they turn yellow; and the sort of yellowish
beige colour of the hazel catkins that are all over the place here at
the moment.
And, of course, that reminded me of 'brown'. We haven't mentioned
brown; but there is the brown of rain soaked earth; the brown of still
dark tree trunks and branches; the chestnut of winter beech leaves, that
will still be here for a while; and the dark brown of last autumn's
leaves beneath the trees.
..
In message , Susan Torrens
writes