Damn that Virus!

Old September 23rd 03, 10:54 AM
meijhana

Default Damn that Virus!

egads, girl!!!

go take it easy!!!

Mary
(who hates medicine!)

--
Joy multiplies when it is shared among friends, but grief diminishes with
every division. That is life.
Drizzt Do'Urden (Exile - R.A. Salvatore)
================
MeijhanaDesigns - Unique Earrings and More!
http://www.meijhanadesigns.com
"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
No, not the computer virus that's been ticking us off all weekend, the

actual
virus-virus, that I caught from DD. She's been down for the count all
weekend, and missed school Monday. To her, this is a big, freaking deal
because she just got promoted to the G&T class, and doesn't want her butt
busted back down to the low-average homoroom. But with that high fever

and
her couging up various things which are best not described, I figured that
sending her to school would simply mean that she would return home a
nanosecond after a responsible adult laid eyes on her.

So today she slept, had homemade chicken soup, got to draw with my

*pristine*
set of colored pencils We each have our own set because someone chews

hers,
doesn't sharpen them correctly, and puts them away wrong. (But no, I am

not
obsessed with the quality of my tools) She even got to watch Divorce

Court
and all those other delightful shoes that are on television during the

school
day. DH made his version of shepherd's pie, which tastes fine but lacks a
little (a lot) of asthetic appeal, so we had that for supper while

watching
Oprah - she had the Queer Eye Guys on as guests.

All the while, She was hawking up indescribable ook, and I was passing her
kleenex. I don't care how old you are, you want a sympathetic Mama with

you
when you are sick. Since my mother isn't sympathetic in the least, I get

lot of calls from my sister to "be with me" when she's sick. I had a

killer
headache: one of those kinds that wraps your eye with pain and splits

your
head in half: DH came in to discover me in the dark in the living room,
contemplating the effectiveness of putting my head back together with duct
tape. He coaxed me off to bed, telling me that I look "rugged."

Okay, it's two hours later, and I'm up. Can't breathe through my nose,

which
makes my CPAP ineffective at best. Found the thermometer where the child
left it (she likes to keep a fever chart, I swear the kid channels Felix
Unger now and again), and took my temp. Well, that's interesting - my
normally subnormal temperature is over 102. I bet that DD has given her
virus away, so she'll be fine tomorrow.

My O2 Sats are dropping fast, so I think I'll take a bunch of meds to get
breathing regularly again. I really don't like to be sick, so I guess

I'll
go hide out and be a grumpy girl until I feel a bit better. If anyone

needs
me, get me at my AOL address - kathynv [at] AOL [dot] com

Kathy N-V

Old September 23rd 03, 05:59 PM
Dr. Sooz

while watching
Oprah - she had the Queer Eye Guys on as guests.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You didn't call me????!?!?!??!?!?
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old September 23rd 03, 06:00 PM
Dr. Sooz

GAWD! I hope you feel better soon!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Kathy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{{{{{{{Manda}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old September 23rd 03, 06:21 PM
Deirdre S.

Take care, you two...

Deirdre

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:35:57 -0700, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Kathy N-V
:

]
]My O2 Sats are dropping fast, so I think I'll take a bunch of meds to get
]breathing regularly again. I really don't like to be sick, so I guess I'll
]go hide out and be a grumpy girl until I feel a bit better. If anyone needs
]me, get me at my AOL address - kathynv [at] AOL [dot] com

oh, NO! you don't need this, too!!!!
i haven't got the fever yet, but i've been clogged up for two days
now, and it's driving me nutz. worse than the normal allergies, too.
bleah! feel better soon, Kathy!

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Old September 23rd 03, 07:02 PM
starlia

I love watching those guys. Even DH likes the show at times, but always
makes fun of the guys. One of my best friends would fit on that show, no
problem.

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:59:03 -0400, Dr. Sooz wrote
(in message ):

while watching
Oprah - she had the Queer Eye Guys on as guests.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You didn't call me????!?!?!??!?!?

I'm sorry. The very best moment was on "After-Oprah," on the Oxygen cable
channel. Some audience member asked the guys if they had to come out to
friends and family before the show began airing.

Carson said he had already assembled his family and told them he was gay.
His mom [reportedly] responded, "Okay dear. Let's see how it goes in the
second grade."

Even Oprah took a second before she cracked up laughing.

Sad thing is, Carson was reportedly suicidal when in high school over the
reaction toward his sexual orientation. :-(

Jai said that the show was a wonderful thing, because he grew up in a

"huge
Puerto Rican/Italian family," and that even though some people suspected
because he's always been in the theatre, there wasn't any going back now.

Most surprising to me was Ted. He said he had only come out to family and
friends a year ago. He also said he had been in a steady relationship for
twelve years. Either he's done an amazing job of hiding his partner, or

these
are some dense family members: no girlfriends and a "roommate" of twelve
years, and they didn't know? Yeah, right.

The other amusing thing was when Tom said that women are always asking him
"Which ones of you guys are secretly straight?"

They make it a policy to always answer, "Carson."

Tee-Hee

It's Tuesday! New Episode of QE on tonight! BTW, this show is such a
cultural phenomenon that DD called me to the television yesterday

afternoon.
Nickelodeon, the cable channel for children, now has a TV spot that's a
take-off on the intro to Queer Eye. A whole bunch of kids get the "Nick"
logo on their cell phones, get their gear, and walk down the street, which
goes from B/W to color. Hmm. Wonder where they got that?

Kathy N-V

Obligatory Bead Content: Got my two sets of beads together for samples of
Chinese seed beads vs. Japanese seed beads. I should have the photos up

on
my picturetrail site tonight, I'm only going to make large enough samples

show a clear difference. I'll let you guys know.

Old September 23rd 03, 08:36 PM
MargieK

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:02:53 -0500, "starlia"
wrote:

I love watching those guys. Even DH likes the show at times, but always
makes fun of the guys. One of my best friends would fit on that show, no
problem.

One of mine too. He's such a lovely girlfriend but alas and alack he
and his life partner are moving to Baja, all expenses paid by Charlie
Trotter. Hmmm....I see a trip in my future.:=)

--
Margie
http://www.PictureTrail.com/margiek

Old September 23rd 03, 09:59 PM
Kandice Seeber

I freaking love that show. We finally realized that we do have Bravo, so we
tape it every Tuesday.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old September 23rd 03, 10:49 PM
Jo Jo

"Gosh, thought you was talking about my husband for a minute. ; ) Hope your
both feeling better soon. I've had my virus for 6 weeks now. I feel ok,
just the nasally stuff still lingering.

Jo Jo

Old September 23rd 03, 10:58 PM
Dr. Sooz

I love watching those guys. Even DH likes the show at times, but always
makes fun of the guys.

Everyone here -- straight, gay, black, white, foreign, domestic -- loves those
guys and watches with glee.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old September 23rd 03, 11:00 PM
Dr. Sooz

I freaking love that show. We finally realized that we do have Bravo, so we
tape it every Tuesday.

I knew you would, girl!!
Here, in case you need to fill any videotape gaps:
Queer Eye: Fab 5 TV schedule
http://www.bravotv.com/Schedule/sear...rd=Queer%20Eye
~~
Sooz