AD ? - Hand Tools

Old January 26th 05, 04:24 AM
Polly S.

Default AD ? - Hand Tools

I recall that someone was asking about sites for hand tools recently. I
know nothing about this vendor but they have a massive quantity of a lot
of different hand tools.

http://snipurl.com/casp

Again, I know nothing about the vendor or the quality of the tools but
the prices are a fraction of other eBay vendors. *Almost* disposable!

Did I need to put AD if I am passing on a vendors link? Just wondering!

=====

and ya know what I think? I think shopping around for findings is
one of the most frustrating things EVER! Find good prices on one or two
things and the rest of their stuff is waaay to high... or the prices are
good and the shipping is ridiculous... Its rare to be able to get
everything from one place. Please tell me why!!! why, why, why!

Polly
Old January 26th 05, 04:30 AM
Polly S.

vj wrote:
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Polly S."
:

]Its rare to be able to get
]everything from one place. Please tell me why!!! why, why, why!

you already mentioned why in the first few sentences!

Thats right... rub it in!
Old January 26th 05, 04:30 AM
KDK

Wow - those are cheap prices.

Shipping starts at 6.00 - so if you only bought one tool the total is more
in line with craft store prices. But if you stocked up.....

Kathy K

Old January 26th 05, 04:36 AM
Polly S.

KDK wrote:
Wow - those are cheap prices.

Shipping starts at 6.00 - so if you only bought one tool the total
is more in line with craft store prices. But if you stocked up.....

And its weird, but his shipping costs vary a lot from a couple of $ to
$5-6 or more. He offers combined shipping but doesn't go into details.
I'm going to send email, after I decide which tools I am going to
replace or add, to get more shipping info.

Polly
Old January 26th 05, 06:58 AM
Mj

I looked at 4962600047, Pliers Beading Jewelry Wire Wrapping Tool Box Joint
Set, $37.99

Thunderbird Supply has the same set for $23.00.
http://www.thunderbirdsupply.com/pro....asp?id=718250

I don't think this guy really has good prices at all. My most useful set of
pliers came from Sears, actually. They have small ones for $9.99 each and
if they break or wear out, they're replaced free. Except for very small,
precise work, the Sears pliers are hard to beat and I have some Lindstroms
that I don't use anywhere near as often.

HTH -

Mj

--
=================================
Marjean Cline

Old January 26th 05, 07:16 AM
Polly S.

Mj wrote:
I looked at 4962600047, Pliers Beading Jewelry Wire Wrapping Tool Box Joint
Set, $37.99

I did notice the sets were high and as is usual with sets didn't give me
what I needed. I only need to replace my chain nose and crimpers but
I'm thinking about starting to play around w/ some silver wire so may
get some others. I may ck out Sears online, our local Sears was useless
for small hand tools other than auto.

Polly
Old January 26th 05, 09:43 AM
E J Ralph

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:16:03 -0600, "Polly S."
wrote:

I did notice the sets were high and as is usual with sets didn't give me
what I needed. I only need to replace my chain nose and crimpers but
I'm thinking about starting to play around w/ some silver wire so may
get some others. I may ck out Sears online, our local Sears was useless
for small hand tools other than auto.

Polly

On all the listings I looked at, it says

" Unlike most of our auctions, this is a Pre-Sale listing. We will
ship to you as soon as our warehouse receives the newest supply. We
guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days
from the date of purchase. Payment will be accepted and charged before
shipment date. "

This maybe fine, it may not be. I guess it depends on how individuals
feel. I personally don't want to pay for an item anything up to 30
days before it is shipped. I guess the guy is only buying stock when
he has firm sales for items maybe?

Emma
www.ejrbeads.co.uk

Old January 26th 05, 06:30 PM
Polly S.

E J Ralph wrote:

" Unlike most of our auctions, this is a Pre-Sale listing. We will
ship to you as soon as our warehouse receives the newest supply. We
guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days
from the date of purchase. Payment will be accepted and charged before
shipment date. "

damn... Missed that and I usually read every word (though some ebay
auctions are waaaay too overwritten)... thats what I get for 'shopping'
around in the middle of the night.

Thanks

Polly
Old January 26th 05, 07:09 PM
E J Ralph

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:30:21 -0600, "Polly S."
wrote:

E J Ralph wrote:

" Unlike most of our auctions, this is a Pre-Sale listing. We will
ship to you as soon as our warehouse receives the newest supply. We
guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days
from the date of purchase. Payment will be accepted and charged before
shipment date. "

damn... Missed that and I usually read every word (though some ebay
auctions are waaaay too overwritten)... thats what I get for 'shopping'
around in the middle of the night.

Thanks

Polly

Well, I don't know that it is necessarily a bad thing or not. Just a
factor to consider.

I have had a good look around their auctions and ebay store though,
and I have yet to find any listing that is *not* a pre-listing sale,
so I question the validity of the words "...unlike most of our
auctions"

Emma
www.ejrbeads.co.uk

Old January 27th 05, 12:38 AM
grenner

Look at the feedback, way too many negatives IMHO. I have never purchased
from this seller and while I see a lot of things I would like to have at
auction I have decided to avoid this seller due to feedback.

Greg