Chemo Cap pattern wanted

Old September 9th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Default Chemo Cap pattern wanted

Our guild wants to make Chemo caps as a charity project. I've googled a
bit... and am finding a lot of dead links.

Does anyone have a pattern using fleece for Chemo caps (adult &/or Children)
that they would be willing to share?

Thanks!

--
Kate in MI

Old September 9th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Kate G. wrote:
Our guild wants to make Chemo caps as a charity project. I've googled a
bit... and am finding a lot of dead links.

Does anyone have a pattern using fleece for Chemo caps (adult &/or Children)
that they would be willing to share?

Here's one: http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/spatt01.htm
and another http://how-to-make-sewing-patterns.deofsf.com/

It looks like Hancock Fabrics no longer has free patterns on it's website

Julia in MN

--
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old September 9th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Kate, I have several I can copy for you... not sure ATM just how many. I'll
get them together and snail mail them to you.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

. ..

Old September 9th 08, 03:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

There's a bunch of patterns listed in the column on the left side of this
page-

http://www.nancysnotions.com/jump.do...&page=creative

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

. ..

Old September 9th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

I made hundreds from a pattern that was on Hancock's web site. Made some
for Pami as well. The pattern is still in storage. I FOUND IT!!!!! It
can be made with cotton knit or fleece.
http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/spatt01.htm

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community
. ..

Old September 9th 08, 07:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

Last night I was looking for patterns also !!

A 'friend' will be going for chemo soon and thought that she would find
these a bit hot as we are now in spring.
Is she right or is there a cooler alternative ?

Dee in Oz

. ..

Old September 9th 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

If you don't want to use fleece, www.sewbaby.com has a very nice grade of
cotton knit as well as matching ribbing. That's where I buy the knits for
preemie clothing. Buying knits online is difficult because some of it is
sort of thin, mushy or curls. Sew Baby's is simply very nice. Polly

"Dee in Oz" wrote Last night I was looking for patterns also !!

Old September 10th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Lancaster

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 21:25:08 -0400, Kate G. wrote:
Our guild wants to make Chemo caps as a charity project. I've googled a
bit... and am finding a lot of dead links.

Does anyone have a pattern using fleece for Chemo caps (adult &/or Children)
that they would be willing to share?

Haven't updated the links for awhile, but:
CHEMO HATS, TURBANS, SCARVES, etc.

Updated 7 Nov 2006; a collection of links for comfort caps,
chemotherapy hats, and miscellaneous ideas, culled from web searches and
posts to various sewing email lists. In order to cut the bulk a bit,
I've trimmed attributions, but please know that this is really the
efforts of a lot of people. I'm just sort of keeper of the faq here.
URLs are in no particular order within groups.

If you find broken links or more resources, please drop me a note, and
I'll be glad to update this. Send to:

---------------
Patterns and models:

http://how-to-make-sewing-patterns.d...hemo-Caps.html
http://www.sewing.org/enthusiast/html/ec_turban.html
http://www.kwiksew.com/Cold_Fusion/c.../Frame_New.cfm
(see esp. the "crafts section"... lots of hats in lots of styles)
http://www.bcforum.org/scarves.html (ideas for dressing up a simple
turban)
http://www.mysisterspatterns.com/page4.html
http://www.sewyoungsewfun.com/stitch...xt.html#whatis
http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/spatt01.htm
https://www.nancysnotions.com/NNVia/index.jsp
http://www.hancockfabrics.com/jump.j...emType=CONTENT
http://www.chemohatpatterns.com/pages/1/index.htm
http://www.wildginger.com/products/wildthings.htm

Most Viking dealers also carry a comfort cap pattern for a very nominal
fee.

There are also a number of hats in the two GreatCopy Polarfleece Pizzaz
books: http://www.greatcopy.com/Pattern_Cat...n_catalog.html
And check the big 4 pattern catalogs, too -- size small or medium works for
many.

Guys/unisex:
http://fosteringlove.tripod.com/crafts/id12.html
http://www.ridemyown.com/articles/ot..._doo-rag.shtml
http://www.paragonpatterns.com/weldingCaps.html
http://www.sew-creative.com/welder.htm

------------------
Knitted and crocheted:

http://www.juniperfiberworks.com/chemopatt.html
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/cancercaps.html
http://www.chemocaps.com/page3.htm
http://www.headhuggers.org/groups/chicago/kidcaps.htm
http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/patterns.htm
http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/guycap.html
http://knitting.about.com/library/bl...htm?once=true&

-----------------
Commercially made:

http://www.cover-hats.com/
http://www.adaptations4u.com/item.php?cat=Hats&next=0
http://www.kw-madhatter.com/womens_h...collection.htm
http://www.hip-hat.com/
http://www.chemosavvy.com/
http://www.slumbercap.com/
http://www.softhats.com/
http://www.madcaphats.com/

-----------------
Hat links -- all kinds of hats!!!
http://www.hatsuk.com
http://www.costumes.org/HISTORY/100pages/HATS.HTM

------------------------
And last but not least, a program for hair and skin care meant just for
cancer patients: http://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.org/women/program_finder/
and in Canada: http://www.lgfb.ca/main/

If something sounds interesting but it's gone, try dropping the URL into
the Wayback machine and see if something emerges.
http://www.archive.org/index.php

Old September 13th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janet[_4_]

And for anyone who knits: a simple pull on cap made with
eyelash-type yarn (or something very fuzzy) is also good. I wasn't
into turbans or such when i went through chemo 2 years ago, but I
knitted the 'no-hair day' at
http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/kpatt10.htm
in a bunch of different colors and got lots of compliments on them
(*laugh*).

And they were FUN (and not too hot. Even in winter, I was always
hot).

Janet
in sunny Rowlett, TX

Pattern Wanted Sharon Quilting 5 May 16th 06 01:08 PM
Donkey pattern wanted Rich Yarn 2 July 17th 05 05:26 PM
Pattern wanted: Magic Scarf Pattern, expandable version john smith Yarn 9 June 1st 05 07:11 AM
ISO pattern for "fun" chemo caps Cozit/Liz Yarn 4 October 11th 04 04:40 PM
Pattern wanted Al McClure Glass 1 August 14th 03 03:09 PM