OT My Wedding Invitations

Old May 23rd 04, 05:38 AM
Tamara

West coast? Where on the west coast? I live on the west coast just
north of San Francisco

Tamara
remove nospam to reply

Diana Curtis wrote:

We could get a bunch of peeps together and celebrate my arriving near the
west coast. One of you could adopt me, my stash and 5 sewing machines....
Diana

"Jalynne" wrote in message
nk.net...

As soon as I can pin her down to come visit me!!!
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message

so, when are you coming to seattle? )

Diana Curtis wrote:

I can, and do knit occasionally. What a lovely offer. I think I would

be

just as happy and far more honored if I got a Sofie snuggle sometime.

:-)

Diana

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old May 23rd 04, 07:51 AM
Dr. Quilter

Diana Curtis wrote:

We could get a bunch of peeps together and celebrate my arriving near the
west coast. One of you could adopt me, my stash and 5 sewing machines....
Diana

really diana? when???

Old May 23rd 04, 11:57 AM
Diana Curtis

I think it will have to wait till we win the lottery. But, who knows? Lets
just say that there are no plans within the foreseeable future to travel
any farther than to see my grandson...thats a 20 minute trip.
When I talk with Jalynne about winning the lottery its understood that my
first stop is going to be WA to pick her up. Shes going to do the driving.
:-)
You guys are making me feel so wanted. Thank you!
Diana

Old May 23rd 04, 12:22 PM
Roberta

I would agree - those are beautiful!

Roberta

"Coleen" wrote in message
Christina --

I think the wedding invitation turned out beautifully. Congrats.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

"Christina Doucette" wrote in message
. ..
Hi All,

Awhile back, I posted about the wedding and mentioned about our wedding
invitations where gonna cost an arm and a leg. Alot of you gave me the
inspiration to go forth and attempt to make my own. Well, I posted the
final result on webshots for anyone who cares to see how they turned

out.
It is in our wedding folder.

PS: Thanks for the "push" to do them. They cost us $50.00 to make 120

and
(I can make another 80 if I wanted to...)

--
Christina Doucette
http://community.webshots.com/user/christinark

Old May 23rd 04, 02:57 PM
Dr. Quilter

so, does it say what to do when:

in writing to a couple who are both doctors AND when the wife has kept
her maiden name?

Dr. Marissa Vignali
and Dr. Fernando Vila

but the husband does have a professional title, so he should go first.
Unless that is modified by the fact that I do too? Wonder if they
contemplated this possibility. To tell you the truth it annoyed me when
some of the birthday presents for Sofia were addressed to Mr. and Mrs.
Fernando Vila by members of my own family that should know better!

Maureen Wozniak wrote:

To quote from the Amy Vanderbilt Complete Book of Etiquette:

"In writing to a couple who are both doctors, you address the envelope
The Doctors White or Doctor (Dr.) Sally White and Doctor (Dr.) Arthur
White. Doctors (Drs.) Sally and Arthur white is also correct."

"When addressing an even lope to a couple when the wife has keep her
maiden name, write Ms. Sally Richter and Mr. Arthur White on the same
line. If a couple's combined names are too long to fit on one line,
address the envelope this way:
Ms. Sally Richter
and Mr. Arthur White
(Note: The "and", which is slightly indented and written out, indicates
that Ms. Richter and Mr. White are married.) The only exception to this
practice is when only the husband has a profession title; then his name
comes first. For example, Reverend Arthur White and Ms. Sally Richter.
If Sally Richter only uses her maiden name professionally (Ms. Sally
Richter), you would, of course, address a social envelope to Mr. and
Mrs. Arthur White."

Old May 23rd 04, 03:30 PM
Taria

Doesn't your family know Sofia's name? Remember when I mentioned
that not all having the same name was a PITA? When you have so
many special needs expect folks to only put so much effort into
the whole thing. Growing up with my first name made me learn
a long time ago you can only expect so much of folks when it
comes to names. Maybe family name announcement cards would
help, especially the older folks?
Taria, just trying to see the other side.

Old May 23rd 04, 04:36 PM
Maureen Wozniak

It doesn't say, but his professional title seems to go first only when
she doesn't have one. So I'd say the way you did it is correct.

Maureen

Old May 23rd 04, 05:48 PM
Dr. Quilter

oh, they do know, and they have received cards, they are just trying to
do it the way they prefer to do it, not the way we chose! as long as the
PO delivers the presents... )

I still don't think it is so much of a PITA that it would make me give
in and do it differently. You must know by now how stubborn and
opinionated I am, right? You've been reading me long enough.. )

Old May 23rd 04, 06:20 PM
Butterfly

GOOD! Jalynne knows the way to us ; )
SEE---you WILL end up in CA after all : )
Butterfly

Old June 1st 04, 01:41 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Drs. Vila and Vignali

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
but we are Dr. Vignali and Dr. Vila, not Dr. and Dr. Vila...

---

Wedding invitations Judy Rubberstamps 2 September 29th 04 03:30 PM
Advice on iniature flowers for wedding invitations . . . . Douglas Plante General Crafting 3 January 18th 04 05:21 PM