OT - Outlook Express Replacement

Old May 8th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G. in CA

Default OT - Outlook Express Replacement

I didn't know OE was being replaced!?!?! I use it as my main email program
(along with Yahoo as a secondary). I'll have to look into Windows Live
Mail.....

Laurie G. in CA

"Kay Ahr" wrote in message
m...
Anybody download and install Windows Live Mail? I just did and I kind of
like it. It didn't import all the threads from Outlook Express, but
that's OK. I do have a couple of Hotmail addresses that I read through
Windows Live Mail now.

Apparently Microsoft is not supporting Outlook Express after June 30.

Whoa-ho!! This new thing has a right-click spell checker!

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

Old May 8th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Once again I am wishing for a Mac.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old May 8th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry Starr[_3_]

I didn't know they were doing away with Outlook Express. I know Windows XP
will not be sold after June.

Sherry Starr

Old May 8th 08, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

I got an email from Microsoft about it, maybe a month or more ago. I just
now finally followed through.

I've been waiting for some improvements to Outlook Express for years!! Now
it even has RSS feeds. (Don't ask me what that is, but it's got 'em.)

At first I was afraid that it wouldn't have access to newsgroups, but it's
got everything and more!

--
Kay Ahr in NV (a satisfied Microsoft "customer" -- hey, the software is
free!)

Old May 8th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

I use Outlook for email, use Outlook Express only to read newsgroups. Are
there any improvements that would make it worth my while to download Windows
Live?

Donna in (SW) Idaho

Old May 8th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

I use RSS feeds already! I guess prettier works! Guess I'll try it!

Donna in (SW) Idaho

"Kay Ahr" wrote in message
m...
How about -- it's prettier? There are RSS feeds. (Someday I'll look up
exactly what RSS means. "Really Simple Something"?)

It seems faster, especially since I have two versions of Electric Quilt
and about 12 tabs in Internet Explorer open right now.

Old May 8th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

And once again I'm thankful for it. ;-D

R/Sandy- handquilting and pondering.. "they still have O.E.?"

Old May 8th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

RSS= real simple syndication. A way to follow blogs easily. If you set
up your blog with it then people can click on the RSS icon and update
the blogs. (Or something like that..... DH was just explaining it to
me.Don't know that I got it all right. G)

Pati, in Phx

Kay Ahr wrote:
How about -- it's prettier? There are RSS feeds. (Someday I'll look up
exactly what RSS means. "Really Simple Something"?)

It seems faster, especially since I have two versions of Electric Quilt
and about 12 tabs in Internet Explorer open right now.

Any Outlook Express experts out there? Kate G.[_2_] Quilting 7 April 9th 08 07:09 PM
Outlook express question Dr.Quilter Quilting 6 July 16th 04 06:58 PM
Outlook Express help KJ Quilting 11 December 19th 03 03:08 AM
Outlook Express question Queen of Squishies Quilting 2 August 5th 03 06:55 PM