Somebody help me

Old April 21st 09, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann

Default Somebody help me

I do have EQ6, but I am far from adept at it.

#1 Medallion style. Center: 9 9-patch blocks. Surround the
medallion by the 4-patch blocks (that would use 16 of them).
If you use 6" borders, 4 of the 4-patches can go in the corners. That
leaves 1 9-patch and 7 4-patch blocks which could be pieced into the
back.

#2 Set the blocks on point. Alternate rows: 1, 3, 5, 7 have 4 4-
patches; 2, 4, 6 have 3 9-patches. To be artistic you can add a pre-
row-1 of 3 4-patches and a post-row-7 of 3 4-patches. That uses a
total of 22 4-patches and 9 9-patches.

To make the blocks bigger they could be sashed before setting.

HTH, to whomever the original poster is.

Nann

* * ****On Apr 20, 8:44 pm, "
wrote:

i have 10 6" 9-patch blocks and 24 6" 4 patch blocks. i would like
to use as many of these blocks as i can in one quilt top but can't
figure out a pleasing layout. the nine-patches are in 2 fabrics and
the 4 patches are in 2 different but coordinating fabrics. i have
leftover fabric from the 9-patches but not from the 4-patches. any
suggestions? thanks in advance

Old April 21st 09, 02:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Apr 21, 7:31*am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Dr. Smith is on the level, asks quilt and color-related questions,
gives sensible answers to other posts as far as I can tell. And I
think only 1 or 2 came double (never triple!) So be not afraid.

Thank you; I'm just another husband with some design aptitude, EQ6,
and a little time (disabled) who has chosen to not become a "quilt
widower" if you catch my drift. I make the same mistakes and Usenet
faux pas as everyone else. Now can we please get back to some
quilting topics? 8^)
Old April 21st 09, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Apr 21, 2:24*am, (NightMist) wrote:

2) Dr. Smith (Fosters&, or "Danger Will Robinson!"?) *

Oh, the pain... THE PAIN...
Old April 21st 09, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
wrote:

This has come up before, and I've answered it before. Yes, I did
introduce myself the first time I posted here in March; I'm sorry if
you didn't see it. So what will it take to placate you folks? I've
tried to be as friendly and helpful as I can here. If you have some
specific question, why not just come out and ask it in a friendly
manner instead of this kind of "oooooh" stuff? The other time this
happened, the person asked, I answered, and AFAIK, things are fine.

As far as WholeyLady, what's the big deal? I apologized for my
multiple posts. In my eagerness to help, there were a few things I
didn't think of at first. Sorry. Yes, I essentially understood her
question, and she understood what I asked her in addition, and she
answered. Now I'm gonna play around with the blocks for a while and
see what I can come up with. Aren't we all here to share & learn from
each other?

Many of us did see your introduction, Doc (is that okay?), but some of
our ISPs sometimes "edit" how many posts some of us get. That means that
at any given moment some of us see posts that others never do. It's a
problem, but it's not likely to be solved anytime soon. You're very
welcome here, just as everyone else is who contributes -- which you do.
I think what confused Polly is that she didn't get some of the
messages, and the one she did get was confusing, as it sort of plunged
her into the middle of things. G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old April 21st 09, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
onetexsun

My word, you conceptual people blow my brain apart. I remember Dr.
Smith (is Doc ok? it seems so much more friendly than Dr. Smith)
posting and his intro. But this question fell into the category of
I'll-let-somebody-who-knows-something-about-quilting-answer-this. I
really don't deal conceptually very well anymore. Like Nightmist, it's
been like that since the house fell on me. The fact that so many
good answers came up is what makes me very proud to be allowed into
this group of amazing quilters.

Welcome Dr. S ...... glad you're among us.

Sunny
Old April 21st 09, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default posters Somebody help me

Howdy!

Ah, how quickly they forget. g
Many of us were "unknown" when we started posting to this
PUBLIC newsgroup. There's no attendant at the door to
check in the "members"; some of us just jump in & start posting
'cause we have something to say. Fine. No intro required.
Never was. No entry fee, either, altho' some of us are happy
to receive fabric, chocolate or other goodies IF someone wants
to send them along "just for the heck of it".
I dunno' what the big deal is, Dr.Smith. You've been posting
for weeks, seem to know what you're talking about (quilts),
haven't offered to shoot anyone (or steal their stash).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG0ochx16Dg

Howdy. How are ya'?

Ragmop/Sandy- leaving the white glove reception committee to some
other group of yackers ;-

On 4/21/09 1:04 AM, in article
,

Old April 22nd 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Apr 21, 4:54*pm, Sandy Ellison wrote:
Howdy!

Ah, how quickly they forget. *g
Many of us were "unknown" when we started posting to this
PUBLIC newsgroup. * There's no attendant at the door to
check in the "members"; some of us just jump in & start posting
'cause we have something to say. *Fine. *No intro required.
Never was. *No entry fee, either, altho' some of us are happy
to receive fabric, chocolate or other goodies IF someone wants
to send them along "just for the heck of it".
* I dunno' what the big deal is, Dr.Smith. *You've been posting
for weeks, seem to know what you're talking about (quilts),
haven't offered to shoot anyone (or steal their stash).
*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG0ochx16Dg

* *Howdy. *How are ya'?

Thanks. I've been around Usenet - on & off - for nearly a couple
decades, and this is the first time I felt like I needed to fill out
an application to partake in a newsgroup; most have an open invitation
to "Jump right in!" However, I did lurk for a couple weeks, even
checked out the FAQ, (which hasn't been updated since '98) and THOUGHT
I had a feel for the friendliness, and was kinda taken aback, but I'm
not here to offend or alienate ANYONE. (Are we talking about USENET,
here? 8^P )

Howdy back! I'm not doin' too bad today - better'n many, anyway -
thanks for asking. ;-) N'you?

Dr. Zachary Smith,
The Jupiter II
Oh, the pain... THE PAIN...
(There's a reason for the nom de plume and sig line, but it'd be OT
here. E-mail if interested)

(((Everyone))) - "Doc" is fine. It's been a nickname far longer &
before "Dr. Smith" ;-)
Old April 22nd 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 20, 8:50*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I don't know what's going on. *I see triple posts from Doc Smith. *I assume
that's a man since he mentions his wife. *Have we been properly introduced?
How about improperly? *Something?
* * Then I see a post from someone else --- whole yl---? asking about a

i've been around for years and years and years but only check in when
i have a problem.
Old April 22nd 09, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 20, 11:04*pm, wrote:

As far as WholeyLady, what's the big deal? *I apologized for my
multiple posts. *In my eagerness to help, there were a few things I
didn't think of at first. *Sorry. *Yes, I essentially understood her
question, and she understood what I asked her in addition, and she
answered. *Now I'm gonna play around with the blocks for a while and
see what I can come up with. *Aren't we all here to share & learn from
each other?

this is exactly what i expected and exactly what i got. my first post
was in 2002, when i introduced myself but . . . . i've been off the
planet and with the time warp and everything . . . . .a week to me in
the space time coninuum equals years on earth.
anyway, while you guys were fussing, i made a quilt using Excellent
RCTQ Assistance AND i've started on another quit top because i was
Really Inspired all the suggestions.
wholeylady,
stanford microbiology
quilter since i was 11 years old, with several years off for living
returned to quilting rather than clean or redecorated my empty nest in
2001
member piecemaker's quilt guild of southern alameda county, check out
the web site . . . i'm the
librarian
member east bay project linus
newark unified school district adult school quilt teacher
did i forget anything? probably
Old April 22nd 09, 04:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 20, 11:24*pm, (NightMist) wrote:

1) The OP has an AOL return addy, and is posting through Google.
At the very least there is going to be a lag with most servers.
Google postings are slow to propagate, and that AOL return addy will
make it even slower since some servers have been rejecting such ever
since AOL stopped usenet service.

i came Very Close to divorcing AOL over that move . . . . . . Thank
you GOOGLE!
why do i have aol? because my 88 year old mother, my kids, various
other relatives enjoy 6 of my alloted 7 screen names for the low price
of $21.99. i stay with aol because my mom "dials up". she is
corresponding secretary for several of her social groups and is on a
fixed income. her screen name is "free" and she uses it to stay in
touch . . . . sorry, guys, if this set up doesn't work for you; it
works for me