Table runners

Old November 1st 07, 11:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Default Table runners

What a gentle, beautiful little darling. I'm just sure that little angel
would not dream of tossing a tassel to the floor . . . would he? Polly

"Lizzy Taylor" wrote in message
Polly Esther wrote:
Table runners with tassels on overhanging pointed corners is mighty
pretty. I don't remember if Lizzy has an active QI or not. That could
provide some excitement, especially with a bowl of flowers and a couple
of candlesticks. Yes, indeed. Tassels have a message most humans can't
hear - it says, "Here, kitty, kitty." Polly

These days I have a very active QI, new since May when my long time
companion crossed the rainbow bridge. He is now nearly a year old , but
these photos are from when we first got him:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13454123@N04/

However this table runner is not for me but part of a Christmas swap and
my partner has specified a red & white table runner.

I am getting some really good suggestions in this thread and promise I
will post a link to a picture of the finished item when I am done.

Thank you to everyone for their suggestions.

Lizzy

Old November 7th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Lizzy I did a fall fabrics runner using 3 sawtooth star blocks set on
point with setting triangles between them. Then added a narrow border of
fabric matching the center star, followed by a wider border of the same
fabric as the setting tris. I think it looks pretty good and will try to
get a pic up of it. (If they came out... it is currently residing at
Tina's outside of Houston..G )

Pati, in Phx.

Lizzy Taylor wrote:
Hi

Two questions on table runners:

1) What size runner would you make to go on a 44" x 66" table?

2) Anyone got any good ideas for a two colour (red & white) runner?

My first thoughts are to pick one or two simple blocks from Quilter's
Cache and make a runner about 48" x 12" long.

Lizzy

designer bed covers runners and cushions [email protected] Yarn 0 September 17th 06 05:11 AM
table runners tslf Quilting 19 November 13th 04 06:02 PM
Wedding table runners KJ Quilting 9 June 6th 04 09:42 PM
Qulted Table Runners - Quilts Snowfeet1 Quilting 0 March 22nd 04 09:03 PM
Plain Table Cloth, Runners, etc. amy General Crafting 0 February 12th 04 02:01 PM