Storing lampwork beads

Old December 8th 03, 04:38 AM
Regina

Default Storing lampwork beads

OK, all you lampworkers out there or those who have a huge stash of lamwork
beads, how do you organize your beads?

I just spent 3 hours trying to organize my lampwork beads, with no luck.
I've been making beads for over a year so I have a large collection of
bugger beads, misplaced dot beads, yucky color beads and some really cool
beads. I've tried organizing by shape, color, bad beads, good beads (I find
lots of people like my "bad beads" so they get moved to the good beads bin).
Then I wonder why in the world do I have this need to organize my beads?

Right now I use one of those plastic boxes that Hobby Lobby sells. It has
lots of little compartments to make life easier but of course it has
stressed me out. Help, please.

Regina

Old December 8th 03, 05:07 AM
Cheryl

Right now I use one of those plastic boxes that Hobby Lobby sells. It has
lots of little compartments to make life easier but of course it has
stressed me out. Help, please.

basically - I had those plastic boxes for a long time - most of mine are
sitting empty now, because the ones I first bought were grey, with only
semi-clear tops...
I then bought some of the large flat cases with flocked dividers - and the
glass lids...
from Rio Grande. I keep them in those because I can see them better.....
also - if you have to many oddball beads..

it's time for a sale.. LOL

string a bunch and sell them as a group on ebay....
I try to whittle my stock down at the end of the year -- so I have less to
inventory for tax purposes....

Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old December 8th 03, 09:32 PM
Kandice Seeber

Then you'd have your own bead store!!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

]or those who have a huge stash of lamwork
]beads, how do you organize your beads?

lampwork i keep sorted by artist.

other beads, i sort by color. but i may have to re-think this one, as
i miss some combinations.

what i WANT is a huge pegboard [got it, but it's still not up] on the
wall behind my desk where i can hang ALL my strands of beads in plain
view. it's gonna be a while before i get there. part of the problem
is to make sure the wall can take the weight!

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Old December 9th 03, 06:39 AM
Regina

it's time for a sale.. LOL

string a bunch and sell them as a group on ebay....
I try to whittle my stock down at the end of the year -- so I have less to
inventory for tax purposes....

That is what I should do for sure. I did a show several months ago and had a
bowl of beads maked for $1 each. They sold like crazy, although it did take
away from the sales of my higher priced beads. I'm still not sure if that
was such a good idea since some of the beads were pretty good, I was just
sick of looking at them. I may give eBay a try though.

Thanks for the good suggestions.

Regina

Old December 9th 03, 07:01 AM
Jalynne

another thing you could do with the "lesser quality" beads...
I'm using some to make these christmas ornament hangers. I know that some of these
might get lost or broken over the years, so i definitely don't want to use first
quality, expensive beads, but i still want them to be pretty. I have a few lampwork
beads, and tried one on a hanger, and it's sooo cute. I'll get pix up soon when i'm
feeling better. You could probably sell them, too. I dunno, just a thought from a
feverish brain...LOL.
--
Jalynne

Old December 9th 03, 08:40 AM
Kandice Seeber

LOL - "it's not a store, I swear!"

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

]Then you'd have your own bead store!!!

which is EXACTLY what i want . . .

[but don't say it too loudly! i'm trying to disguise it!]

Old December 9th 03, 04:22 PM
roxan

If I get a bead that brakes right down the middle, I make a pair of earrings
out of it rather then through it away.
Roxan
nk.net...