Fabric Postcards?

Old September 12th 06, 09:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Fabric Postcards?

I've been gone too long! What are these fabric postcard things? If
you ever made one and have a link to a photo of it, post your link - I
wanna see!!!

A Joy in Hawaii

Old September 12th 06, 10:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Wow! Joy!
How good to see you.
Do catch us up on all your news (if you can!) I really hope you're
doing OK (if you haven't got time to do so).
I don't have the links, but there are some fabulous collections in
various places. So, just hang on for a few days, until all those that
made them have read your post and post their own links.
You will love them. Living where you are, you would have loads of
inspiration for them.
..
In message .com,
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 12th 06, 10:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

wrote:

I've been gone too long! What are these fabric postcard things? If
you ever made one and have a link to a photo of it, post your link - I
wanna see!!!

A Joy in Hawaii

yay! Joy! I was just thinking of you the other day... How are the
kids doing? Are you well?

Oh, and some fabric postcards - not mine!

http://www.art2mail.com/gallery.html

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 12th 06, 10:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

snipped:
Kate Dicey wrote:

yay! Joy! I was just thinking of you the other day... How are the
kids doing? Are you well?

Oh, and some fabric postcards - not mine!

http://www.art2mail.com/gallery.html

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

{{{{waving frantically}}}}
Hiya Kate! Mmmmm, I remember those luscious chocolate buttons and
thought of you when I passed some chocolate in the craft store today!
The kids are doing great and I'm well. I'm living with my mom again
since Dad past away almost 2 years ago this November. I'ver recovered
most of my fabric stash =) and have been doing much better now that I
have more to fondle =} I have so much to catch up on!!! I read part
of one thread on the Troll thing but have to read more to get what it's
all about {{{{{i'm lost}}}}}!

A Joy in Hawaii

Old September 12th 06, 10:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

welcome back Joy!

what a wonderful start to the day to see your message!
--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old September 12th 06, 10:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

snipped: Patti wrote:
Wow! Joy!
How good to see you.
Do catch us up on all your news (if you can!) I really hope you're
doing OK (if you haven't got time to do so).
I don't have the links, but there are some fabulous collections in
various places. So, just hang on for a few days, until all those that
made them have read your post and post their own links.
You will love them. Living where you are, you would have loads of
inspiration for them.
.
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Hi Pat! Nice to see you too!!!
I enjoyed the link Kate posted and can't wait to see more! You are so
right about having loads of inspiration for fabric postcards! My brain
is going through the stash for bits and pieces to put together into
little postcards...now if I could just remember where the bits and
pieces are...=)

A Joy in Hawaii

Old September 12th 06, 10:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

wrote:

snipped:
Kate Dicey wrote:

yay! Joy! I was just thinking of you the other day... How are the
kids doing? Are you well?

Oh, and some fabric postcards - not mine!

http://www.art2mail.com/gallery.html

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

{{{{waving frantically}}}}
Hiya Kate! Mmmmm, I remember those luscious chocolate buttons and
thought of you when I passed some chocolate in the craft store today!
The kids are doing great and I'm well. I'm living with my mom again
since Dad past away almost 2 years ago this November. I'ver recovered
most of my fabric stash =) and have been doing much better now that I
have more to fondle =} I have so much to catch up on!!! I read part
of one thread on the Troll thing but have to read more to get what it's
all about {{{{{i'm lost}}}}}!

A Joy in Hawaii

Well done on the fabric recovery!

Don't worry about the troll thing - we've had a plague of the little
beggars! Very rude they were too, trying to steal our identities.
Luckily we got together a big stash of ugly fabric, made some troll
quilts, and smothered the so&so's. Look up the troll quilt thread...

After 24 years I still miss my dad, but the pain is less. The thing
that bothers me most these days is that James is so grown up at almost
12, and off to grammar school (this one - our local boy's school:
http://bg.webree.co.uk/site/bgs/portal), and Dad has missed all that.
Since starting the new term last week, James has managed to forget his
homework, get told off twice, and lose his tie. So that's OK - he's
obviously a real boy!

Give your mum my regards, and my love to the kids. Oh, and get in the
directory before the list closes!
Old September 12th 06, 10:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

snipped: Jessamy wrote:
WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

welcome back Joy!

what a wonderful start to the day to see your message!
--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Hi Jessamy!!! I just visited your site (well, your second site, too
=)) and can't believe you kept up with the quilt mysteries! Too cool!
And you just reminded me...I have to recover my star blocks from the
star swap you hosted a few years ago! OOH, that would make a nice
quilt!

A Joy in Hawaii

Old September 12th 06, 11:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

thanks :-) there is a new mystery due soon too - I just need to get it up.

yes it would :-) I'm sorry you missed out on this years star swap :-(
well one can never have too many stars now can one ;-)

also a snippet you don't know: I have been designing quilts for a German
magazine this past year - first one is due in the mag in October - the quilt
got printed in the last magazine in the next month in this magazine section
:-D