OT and not

Old January 12th 11, 08:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Default OT and not

I'm slowly getting my loins girded to dig into my work space. Wow,
what a mess. A friend needs me to help her make a quick quilt for a
friend of hers who she just learned is dying of cancer. Soon. Sigh ...
why does it seem we find the time to make those quilts for our friends
when we hear they no longer have time to enjoy it? I think that's how
we humans work...deadlines.

I am also working hard on lessons in life. Some of you wanted to see
the titles of books recommended by Dr. B at the pain clinic. Here they

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/055...ef=oss_product
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157...ef=oss_product

The third one is personal and I'm not feeling like sharing right now.

For a person who wrote for a living, I find it absurdly hard to
maintain a journal. I'm working on it. Three journals to keep.

Now, some of you have wanted to know where I got the gorgeous hand-
dyed threads I use sometimes in my embroidery. Some of it I get off
the rack at Dee's Country Quilts in Leavenworth, WA and I don't really
know the name right now. Some comes from a local source that didn't
want me to talk about her. Okay. The rest (and I think the most
luminous) comes from http://yarnplayer.etsy.com and I really like both
the threads and the service. She is wonderful, generous and
delightful.

Enough for one day. I may be fairly absent for a long stretch here. I
leave for Phoenix in little more than a week. Eeeeek! yeah, I'm ready.
(not) Before then I have much, much to do. So much it makes me ache.

So hug each other, hug yourselves, love yourselves (one of my
affirmations I must repeat every day over and over is 'I love myself')
and generally everybody else in the world, because if we quilters
don't love those cold, shivering and lost souls out there, who will?

Love, God keep you all till we meet again,
Sunny
Old January 13th 11, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

'Writer's block' is such a strange animal. Sunny wrote, in part,

For a person who wrote for a living, I find it absurdly hard to maintain
a journal. I'm working on it. Three journals to keep.

Mr. Esther and I have two grands that are far, far from home. I like to
send them just 'something' from home in the mail every week. For no reason
that I understand, I find myself with just nothing to say.
Methinks it's a good thing that Sunny and I are not needing to pay the
car note by producing a best seller. How do you deal with this cold, stony
block? Polly

Old January 13th 11, 05:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I am a list maker from waaaayyyy back. In my kitchen are running grocery
and errand and To Do lists (and a list of when and what meds I take thru out
the day- plus any meds for my dogs if they are taking anything)- all on
pages in a spiral notebook. When my sons were in college they budgeted
better if I sent them a check each week for their spending money. I
included a note and some homemade goodies for them and their roommates.
Back then I added a list about things we were doing, what the dogs and other
animals had done that week, amusing stories or jokes, etc. It made writing
the notes much easier when I could refer to my list. I still tend to jot
down a few things to tell my mom when she calls, too.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old January 13th 11, 05:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

When I email ds he often does not read the whole thing. I have started
making comments like "if you are still reading we won the lotto". He is
going to miss something good and real some day but he doesn't mind missing
the furry pet stories for now. On the other hand dd is like a mother hen.
Go figure.
Taria

Old January 13th 11, 05:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

HOoooeee, do I ever remember that type. I worked for a couple of decades
for a Bumper Sticker Brain. If you couldn't condense down to 5 words or
less, you'd lost the opportunity. Okay. So I write our loved young far
away what Yogi did today. What do we have to say to Sunny who's got to
write journals? Polly

Old January 13th 11, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

IMO many people edit mentally before the words hit the paper (or
screen). So stop your automatic editor. Just let it all burble. Maybe
do it via dictating machine, to separate it from the chore of typing.
Roberta in D

Old January 13th 11, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Here is a journal someone on a blog I follow is trying out:
http://www.journalsunlimited.com/sto...sonal-journal/

Prompts every day so it kind of gets you going.
HTH, Taria