I'm looking for information resources tools on making jars

Old February 8th 09, 01:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
pantagruel

Default I'm looking for information resources tools on making jars

by making jars I mean especially how the lids of jars are threaded,
tools for doing so.

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen
Old February 8th 09, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Feb 8, 4:57*am, pantagruel wrote:
by making jars I mean especially how the lids of jars are threaded,
tools for doing so.

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen

I believe that molten glass is poured into molds that have the threads
and any raised logos already made into the mold.
Old February 9th 09, 12:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

wrote in message
On Feb 8, 4:57 am, pantagruel wrote:
by making jars I mean especially how the lids of jars are threaded,
tools for doing so.

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen

I believe that molten glass is poured into molds that have the threads
and any raised logos already made into the mold.

volume produced jars are more likely pressed?

Old February 9th 09, 01:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Feb 8, 3:03*pm, " Moonraker" wrote:
wrote in message

On Feb 8, 4:57 am, pantagruel wrote:

by making jars I mean especially how the lids of jars are threaded,
tools for doing so.

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen

I believe that molten glass is poured into molds that have the threads
and any raised logos already made into the mold.

volume produced jars are more likely pressed?

I'm sure that a certain "you know who" will chime and tell us and will
probably have all the equipment for sale. Just guessing.....
Old February 9th 09, 03:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

wrote in message
I'm sure that a certain "you know who" will chime and tell us and will

probably have all the equipment for sale. Just guessing.....

Nah, the only jar he's familiar with is the one where he stores his brain.

Old February 10th 09, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Tom[_2_]

" Moonraker" wrote in message

wrote in message
I'm sure that a certain "you know who" will chime and tell us and will

probably have all the equipment for sale. Just guessing.....

Nah, the only jar he's familiar with is the one where he stores his brain.

Abby someone...

Old February 17th 09, 11:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Feb 8, 6:03*pm, " Moonraker" wrote:
wrote in message

On Feb 8, 4:57 am, pantagruel wrote:

by making jars I mean especially how the lids of jars are threaded,
tools for doing so.

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen

I believe that molten glass is poured into molds that have the threads
and any raised logos already made into the mold.

volume produced jars are more likely pressed?

Bryan,

All jars with threads are made in molds (old-style "moulds"). The
mold provides all of the shape and features of the finished product.
A gob of glass is placed in the mold and the molten glass is pressed
into the sides of the mold by air and/or with an insert.

Liz Scott, Manager
Glass Factory Directory of North America
http://www.glassfactorydir.com/Education.html
Old February 17th 09, 11:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

wrote in message

On Feb 8, 4:57 am, pantagruel wrote:

by making jars I mean especially how the lids of jars are threaded,
tools for doing so.

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen

I believe that molten glass is poured into molds that have the threads
and any raised logos already made into the mold.

volume produced jars are more likely pressed?

Bryan,

All jars with threads are made in molds (old-style "moulds"). *The
mold provides all of the shape and features of the finished product.
A gob of glass is placed in the mold and the molten glass is pressed
into the sides of the mold by air and/or with an insert.

Liz Scott, Manager
Glass Factory Directory of North Americahttp://www.glassfactorydir.com/education.html

URL edited - no uppercase on education.html