OT- partly DH

Old February 22nd 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT- partly DH

Yes, he is doing a little bit better still, but not totally back to normal
mentally, but still improving, and physically, still very much on the
weak side. Can't do anything at all except feed himself. He was
saying that they feed him so well that he has gained 6 lbs, and really
doesn't need to. Two need to help him to get to the commode that
is sitting right next to his bed.
Also took my Janome 4800QC to the dealer just to have him check
it out. Never been serviced since I bought it 3 1/2 yrs ago. (Shame
on me, but it is a little bit of a drive. The dealer is in the same town
where DH is in the hospital.) Anyhow, I saw the new Janome 6600
and told DH about it and the deal that the man would give me on it,
and DH said, "Well, you know where my checkbook is. Take a check
with you on your way up here tomorrow and buy it. Life is too short
to wait for something." There was no way for me to kiss him through
the phone, but would have if I could have. He is such a dear.
I love my 4800. It is a fabulous machine and hasn't let me down
in any way shape or form, except when I tried to get it to do something
that I shouldn't have - operator error!!! I hate to part with it, but I
sure do like the looks of the larger harp on the 6600 and a number of
other features that it has.
Gee, what should I do??? Any advice???
Marlys in Indiana

--

http://community.webshots.com/user/marletts

Old February 22nd 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Do what your heart (and your DH) tells you to! If you really want it -- go for it. DH is
recognizing how truly precious life is -- and that if we can we should do what makes us happy... and
not wait for "some day".

Enjoy your new machine! (if that's how you decide to go)

Kate in MI

Old February 22nd 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It sounds like DH really wants you to have the machine. It will give him
pleasure to see your delight in having it. Give him a hug for me too, he is
a real sweetheart. Linda in Tx

Old February 22nd 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

[...]

Yeah, buy it! A dealer set up and showed the 6600 last night at guild. I
think she sold 2.

Cindy

Old February 22nd 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I don't know Marlys. I think you'd be in a better shopping and bargaining
mind when you get DH back home and up and running. Just assuming the trauma
you've been through might make you a bit goofy. Holding you close, Polly

Old February 22nd 06, 11:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

DH is right ,go for it!! Estelle uk
[...]

Good news - partly OT, partly NOT AliceW Quilting 21 February 3rd 06 03:12 PM
Partly OT - Lint remover Anna MCM Yarn 5 November 29th 04 05:45 PM
Ot partly reasoms for quiet + what work shalli take with me Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 13 May 16th 04 12:46 PM
AD - partly ad and partly not Kandice Seeber Beads 37 February 19th 04 08:40 PM