Way OT - joke

Old June 3rd 12, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marlys in Indiana[_2_]

Default Way OT - joke

Saw this in a quilt shop e-mail.

A rabbi, a priest and a minister got together for lunch once a week.

One day, one made the comment that preaching to people wasn't really all
that hard. A real challenge would be to preach to a bear.

One thing led to another, and they decided to do an experiment. They would
all go out into the woods, find a bear, preach to it, and attempt to convert
it.

Seven days later, they all got together to discuss the experience.

Father Flannery went first. His arm was in a sling, he was using crutches to
walk, and his arms and legs were heavily bandaged.

"Well," he said, "I went into the woods to find me a bear. And when I found
him, I began to read to him from the Catechism. Well, that bear wanted
nothing to do with me and began to slap me around. So I quickly grabbed my
holy water, sprinkled him and he became as gentle a lamb. The bishop is
coming out next week to give him first communion and confirmation."

Reverend Billy Bob spoke next. He was in a wheelchair, with an arm and both
legs in casts, and an IV drip.

In his best fire and brimstone oratory he claimed, "WELL brothers, you KNOW
that we don't sprinkle! I went out and I FOUND me a bear. And then I began
to READ to my bear from God's HOLY WORD! But that bear wanted nothing to do
with me. So I took HOLD of him and we began to wrestle. We wrestled DOWN one
hill, UP another and DOWN another until we came to a creek. So, fast as I
could, I DUNKED him and BAPTIZED his hairy soul. And just like you said, he
became as gentle as a lamb. We spent the rest of the day praising Jesus."

They both looked down at Rabbi Goldberg, who was lying in a hospital bed. He
was in a body cast and traction with IVs and monitors running in and out of
him. He was in bad shape.

The rabbi looked up and said weakly, "Looking back on it, circumcision might
not have been the best way to start."

Marlys in Indiana
Life is like drawing without an eraser.

Old June 3rd 12, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Funny!
Barbara in SC

Old June 4th 12, 04:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Just one more - Brenda O'Malley is home making dinner, as usual,
When Tim Finnegan arrives at her door.
"Brenda, may I come in?" he asks.
"I've somethin' to tell ya".
"Of course you can come in, you're always welcome,
Tim.
But where's my husband?"
"That's what I'm here to be telling ya, Brenda."
There was an accident down at the Guinness brewery..."
"Oh, God no!" cries Brenda. "Please don't tell me."
"I must, Brenda. Your husband Shamus Is dead and
gone. I'm sorry.
Finally, she looked up at Tim.
"How did it happen, Tim?"
"It was terrible, Brenda. He fell into a vat of
Guinness Stout and drowned."
"Oh my dear Jesus! But you must tell me truth, Tim.
Did he at least go quickly?"

"Well, Brenda... No. In fact, He got out three
times to pee."

Old June 4th 12, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

I'm lovin' these jokes - it's been a while since we've shared laughter
in the morning! Thanks, Marlys and Polly.

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old June 5th 12, 05:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

On Sunday, June 3, 2012 9:25:19 AM UTC-5, Marlys in Indiana wrote:
[...]

Wonderful! I've got a couple of friends in the clergy who are going to find this in their inboxes!

Lame joke, but it's a sewing joke: Joy Beeson Sewing 1 March 22nd 07 08:02 AM
Not an A F joke Butterfly Quilting 20 April 3rd 06 08:50 PM
just another joke SewStorm Sewing 2 January 26th 04 03:33 AM
OT Joke :-) The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me Quilting 0 January 16th 04 03:20 PM