[ AD ] glassworking videos for rent, online, delivered by mail

Old June 28th 05, 10:08 PM
TJIC

Default [ AD ] glassworking videos for rent, online, delivered by mail

I hope you'll forgive a brief plug:

I run Technical Video Rental. We're now in our third year of renting
out instructional and craft videos online, and delivering them via
first class mail to your door.

We carry videos on glass working, beadmaking, polymer clay, sculpture,
etc.

You can see our selection at

http://technicalvideorental.com/rental_7.html

If there are any questions I can answer, please don't hesitate to write
to me at

Thanks,

Travis J I Corcoran

Old June 29th 05, 03:29 AM
Mike Firth

"dragon bead from start to finish made of Norhtstar Borocolour."
Good old Norhtstar
If the items are on DVD+R, does that mean they are local copies?
Authorized?
--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website

oups.com...

Old June 29th 05, 05:42 PM

Mike Firth wrote:
"dragon bead from start to finish made of Norhtstar Borocolour."
Good old Norhtstar
If the items are on DVD+R, does that mean they are local copies?
Authorized?
--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website
http://users.ticnet.com/mikefirth/hotbit47.htm Latest notes

Mike,
Did you read this:
http://technicalvideorental.com/FAQ....ental_legality

Old June 29th 05, 09:49 PM
Ron Parker

On 29 Jun 2005 09:42:38 -0700, wrote:
Mike Firth wrote:
If the items are on DVD+R, does that mean they are local copies?
Authorized?

Mike,
Did you read this:
http://technicalvideorental.com/FAQ....ental_legality

That doesn't really answer Mike's question, does it? He asked if the copies
one would rent are the original recordings, or copies that you (or they, if
you're actually not shilling for your own site) made. You (they, etc.)
obviously understand the implications of copyright law, and somewhere else
in the FAQ it mentions that you're not allowed to transform the content
into other formats, so it's probably reasonable to assume that the videos
that are on recordable DVD media came that way from the original publisher,
but it'd be nice to see some confirmation of that.

I can see why a publisher of special-interest videos would use recordable
media rather than pay to get DVDs pressed, so it's certainly feasible that
they do indeed come that way from the publisher.

--
#macro R(L P)sphere{L __}cylinder{L P __}#end#macro P(_1)union{R(z+_ z)R(-z _-z)
R(_-z*3_+z)torus{1__ clipped_by{plane{_ 0}}}translate z+_1}#end#macro S(_)9-(_1-
Old June 29th 05, 09:53 PM
Ron Parker

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:49:37 -0500, Ron Parker wrote:
one would rent are the original recordings, or copies that you (or they, if
you're actually not shilling for your own site) made. You (they, etc.)

My apologies. I didn't realize I wasn't replying to the original poster,
who probably won't even read this.

--
#local R=rgb 99;#local P=R-R;#local F=pigment{gradient x}box{0,1pigment{gradient
y pigment_map{[.5F pigment_map{[.3R][.3F color_map{[.15red 99][.15P]}rotate z*45
Old June 29th 05, 11:55 PM
TJIC

Mike asked if there was any chance that we had illegal copies.

Absolutely not!

We believe very strongly in the US copyright laws, and 100% of our
inventory is original (that way the original artisans and authors get
every penny they're due!).

A lot of the vendors who's work we carry are 1-person business,
churning out videos in their own homes; that's why much (but not all)
of our inventory is on DVD+/-R.

TechnicalVideoRental.com stands against piracy of videos, and we work
with vendors and artists to stamp it out.

TJIC