The space quilt

Old February 5th 05, 06:42 PM
Debra

Default The space quilt

Finally some progress. After a looonng search I've finally found a
design I like enough to adapt it for DH's space babe quilt. This is
great! It'll have a huge whole cloth center, surrounded by a narrow
border with corner post blocks, surrounded by 9 or 10 inch blocks that
alternate between pieced blocks and non-pieced alternate blocks, and
ending with a really wide border stripe fabric on the sides and
bottom. I've decided which fabrics to use for which parts of the
quilt too.

The best part is that I've found a way to make pieced blocks with
rockets in them. I found a block that is a tall church with a steeple
and the steeple and part of the roof look exactly like a rocket, so
I'm going to use the top half of that church block as a rocket block.

So now I'm trying to draw out my adaptation using the measurements
from the bed, and making the final decisions for the pieced block
size, border widths, and such. Next up is making templates for the
blocks.

I'm sure I have too much fabric for the quilt top so I'm also planning
pillow cases for all 6 of our pillows. I figure the bolster pillows
will only be a little harder than the regular bed pillows. Maybe
I'll even make a wall hanging or buy some coordinating solid fabric
and make curtains with a little of the quilt fabric added in. I won't
decide on that until I have the quilt top made and know just how much
fabric is left over.

Debra in VA
Old February 5th 05, 09:28 PM
Mystified One

Sounds good to me. However, may I make a suggestion? You ought to call it
either TheSpaceQuilt or T h e S p a c e Q u i l t

"Debra" wrote in message
[...]

Haunted Christmas Quilt Nbhilyard Quilting 2 June 18th 11 05:04 PM
An evil quilt attacks you ! Karl-Hugo Weesberg Quilting 18 September 4th 10 12:55 AM
Story of a Hug Quilt Christina In Ok Quilting 17 November 11th 04 08:41 PM
Nice Quilt Story Sk8eraunt Quilting 4 October 2nd 04 03:46 PM
I went to a quilt show last Sunday--long Debra Quilting 6 March 26th 04 02:54 AM