Our Report Card

Old August 7th 03, 11:27 PM
Elena

Hey, We need to hear how your new PDA held up! Did you like it? hate it?
lost the stylus yet? grins

Elena, listening

"Donna in Idaho" wrote in message
news
When I got home from the Harmonica Fest - gone 5 days - I had over 75 spam
e-mails. That's a lot of crap!
--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

"Butterfly" wrote in message
Guess this is just 'another way' to cull our email addys.
Are some of you getting MORE spam these past 2 weeks than
"normal"? I avg about 3 a day--these past 2 weeks its about 12.
Like "I" need bigger and better and more and and MORE--
Now a Million dollars would be ok, but NO, do they offer to just give
you a Million dollars........(Course if I had a Million dollars I could
afford to buy all that 'junk'...nahhhhhhhhh )

Butterfly (didn't win the Lottery last night, either : (

CNYstitcher wrote:
If you change the date that you look at, you will be able to see if

you
are listed by a previous email address. I played with it for the 3

ngs
that I used to belong to (back down to 2 now) and found myself listed
with my regular email address instead of my supposed spam-proofed
address...lol

Larisa

Butterfly wrote:

I noticed that they only use the 'latest' email addy that I have--not
any of the other ones I used before--that's ok..wouldn't want anyone
thinking I was a real chatterbox.
Now...I wonder if they also counted how many times we talked about
QUILT related things hehehehhe
That should give them something to ponder....
Butterfly

AliceW wrote:

Ohmagod! I'm number 19. Geesh. Talk about big brother! I guess
they do
this for a legit reason, huh? They also list me in 5 ngs, but there
is only
one other besides this one that I even read and that's the machine
embroidery one. I have subscribed to ngs on gardening and pups, but
not for
long, but I guess they count those.

Old August 7th 03, 11:28 PM
Elena

Ohhhh That'd be me then! )

Mouthy Elena, now remembering the title some website gave me when we all
went to look up our Secret.. Ya ya Sisterhood name, I think. Countess
Bossy Mouth.

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
It says it's in the order of the forty most consistently present authors,
ordered by the number of days each author posted in the time period
selected.

So, I guess it isn't by who posts the most, but who posts every day.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
And I'm #7! I had no idea I wrote so often! gasp Just call me
mouthy....
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster

Old August 8th 03, 02:09 AM
Donna in Idaho

Love my new PDA! Didn't use it much on the trip. The roads were so bumpy I
couldn't have hit the right spot with the stylus no matter how hard I tried!

Nope, haven't lost the stylus yet, but think I'll buy an extra to keep on my
computer desk. The salesman tried to sell me three when I bought the PDA.
They wanted $19.95 for 3 styluses. I think that's a bit ridiculous!

I've been busy downloading trial programs. Followed Sandy's suggestion &
downloaded DateBk5, also Splash Shopper. I'm sure I'll buy both of them.
Haven't decided whether to buy the entire Splash programs, or just Shopper.
Does anyone else have any suggestions for neat programs that I really
'need'?

Old August 8th 03, 03:08 AM
Donna in Idaho

Book says to use only the stylus not another sharp object, although it
doesn't mention fingernails! :-) We all were using our finger nails to tap
on the screen on our sewing machines. Recently we were told that we
shouldn't do that. So, now we've bought styluses to use instead of using
our fingernail. I understand that Viking has started including a stylus
with their newer machines.

Has anybody gotten the "Bug Me" program? Looks kinda interesting, but can't
find where I can download it for a trial run.
--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
You don't need extra styluses. I use my fingernail. I haven't lost my
stylus, but it's just quicker.

I'm looking to get a new PDA I think. I can't add a lot of the newer stuff
cuz mine is so far behind.
--

&

Old August 8th 03, 05:26 AM
Butterfly

Does this mean I am the ONLY ONE that yells Stash Raid on here? Boy, we
are going to have our hands full teaching the Rest Of The Gang how to
initiate one, aren't we....just cause we don't have John Bond and his
jet (((when is he EVER going to get his land line straightened out))) to
escort us around anymore----

Ain't even worth puttin ANnnnnnonnn eee mouseeee on the end of this....

Donna in Idaho wrote:
We have two guard dogs (course they would probably escort you into the
house) and some guard kitties (who usually disappear as soon as someone
shows up) - so I guess my stash was pretty much not guarded at all. I told
you all I was leaving for a few days, Butterfly - you just weren't paying
attention!

Old August 8th 03, 11:22 AM
NightMist

Thank you!

Yup, filled up all 40 slots for newsgroups that have seen posts by me.
Four fifths of those are definitely due to crossposting.
Makes me look like a much more verbose critter than I actually am (G)

NightMist

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 19:45:22 GMT, "LN \(remove NOSPAM\)"
wrote:

Here is what I got when I put in your name. It is ENHANCED FEATURES for
internet explorer. You have to put in a date before 6/30/2003 tho.

http://netscan.research.microsoft.co...e=5%2F6%2F2003

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

"NightMist" wrote in message
No matter what I do, this is what I get:

msxml3.dll error '80004005'

Expected token 'eof' found '='. @AliasCt --=-- 0

/Static/author/authorprofile.asp, line 185

It seems able to find me, it just doesn't want to give me a profile.

NightMist

--

I'm a little teapot, short and stout
here is my handle, here is my...other...handle?
Old August 8th 03, 11:44 AM
NightMist

I've got an EBookman, and I mostly use the stylus. For those times
when I "just set it down for a second" and don't find it again for two
or three days, I find a tortillion (a bit of cone shaped rolled paper
for use in pastel or charcol drawing) works just spiffy.
Of course I mostly read books on my ebookman, so I just use the stylus
for initial navigation anyway.

NightMist

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 02:38:41 GMT, "LN \(remove NOSPAM\)"
wrote:

Actually, a fingernail isn't as sharp as a stylus (at least in my case) so I
would think it would be safer.

Old August 8th 03, 02:15 PM
Pat in Virginia

Did you happen to notice there are SEVERAL Ramada Girls in the
Top Ten?!
ROFL. PAT .... #8 just ahead of Ragmop

Sandy Foster wrote:

In article ,
"LN \(remove NOSPAM\)" wrote:

This shows our activity on here. How did I drop to 4th most frequent poster?
Huh? Must be cuz I take weekends off. LOL

http://netscan.research.microsoft.co...span=y&searchf
or=rec.crafts.textiles.quilting&searchdate=08%2F06 %2F2003

Old August 8th 03, 02:22 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Donna in Idaho" wrote in message
I've been busy downloading trial programs. Followed Sandy's suggestion &
downloaded DateBk5, also Splash Shopper. I'm sure I'll buy both of them.
Haven't decided whether to buy the entire Splash programs, or just

Shopper.
Does anyone else have any suggestions for neat programs that I really
'need'?

I'll second DateBk5 and Splash Shopper. I also couldn't live without
SplashID. I deleted the other Splash programs after the free trial.

If you use Quicken to keep track of your finances, PocketQuicken is also a
must-have. One of my friends bought a PDA just for that program.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old August 8th 03, 04:09 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Ok. Now that this topic has been hijacked.... I have a question.

Does anyone run a map program off their monochrome PDA? How about a photo
program?

I saw a Sony Clie SJ20 (monochrome) the other day and the resolution was so
high (360x360) that it took a while to realize it was monochrome. They had a
photo on there and because it was backlit, it didn't look b/w. Just
wondering if it was worth (SJ22) +$70 going color. Thought it would be nice
to carry pics of quilts/garden/kids around too. For the quilts and garden
pix, color would be better.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

Trading Card, Craft & Collectible Show Patrick W. Schubert Sr. General Crafting 0 October 4th 04 06:48 AM
Introduction & question Valerie Beads 60 March 20th 04 07:26 PM
Christmas stamped card swap Sophie Rubberstamps 0 November 2nd 03 03:20 PM
Business Card Cases - I'd appreciate anyone's input Larry Rubin Polymer Clay 2 September 26th 03 02:09 AM
question about card exchanges. Ed & Marlene Rubberstamps 1 September 5th 03 10:17 PM