Lighting Recommendations

Old December 10th 03, 05:09 AM
nJb

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 22:29:41 -0500, "Moonraker"
wrote:

Build one? Go to Homer D. Poe's supply house and buy a 2 tube flouro dhop
lite fixture with a reflector. The one I got had a cord wired in, with a
pull chain switch. I think I paid $35 or so for it, and get 2 of the
aforementioned 5000K bulbs. I have mine in the bedroom, and I turn it on
for about 45 mins in the morning while I lay back and drink coffee and watch
Fox News. I don't do it every day, just the cloudy, wet days. You don't
have to look straight into the bulbs, just off to the side at a 45* angle
will work. I lean it up against the chest of drawers and let er rip. I
have mine about 42" away from my face. I absolutely can tell the
difference in my mood when the sun shines and if I don't use the therapy
lamps.

She who must be obeyed knows, too! And reminds me.

Good info. I'll have to try it. I understood some of the problem also
comes from the short daylight period, not just clouds etc. Sounds like
your experience shows different. Off to the hardware store.

Jack

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xmissionbobo/

Old December 10th 03, 05:26 AM
Moonraker

Yeah, I really struggle with grey days and no sunlight. I just watched an
hour of TV with the lamp on me. It seems that the results are cumulative,
and it doesn't have to be in the mornings...I was a bit afraid to use the
lamp at night because I was afraid it would keep me awake, but it doesn't.
The whole "malady" is called Seasonal Affective Disease (SAD).

The tubes I have are Phillips F40C50 Colortone...direct from Homer's place.

Old December 10th 03, 11:55 AM
Lauri Levanto

here in Finnland it is recommended to switch the
"daylught lamp" on 30-45 mins before wakening.
So you wake up into a sunny morning every day.
I have not yet tried it, however.
-lauri

Old December 10th 03, 04:45 PM
Moonraker

Mebbe she has one of those programable kiln sitters that's doing double
duty?

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
news
oh, duuuh. m

.. .

Old December 10th 03, 06:04 PM
nJb

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:45:51 -0500, "Moonraker"
wrote:

Mebbe she has one of those programable kiln sitters that's doing double
duty?

A program I watched about SAD showed a light box that ramped on
gradually over a short period before you wake up. Simulating a
sunrise.

Another good way to get around SAD is to spend Nov-Mar in New Zealand.

Old December 10th 03, 06:31 PM
Javahut

Another good way to get around SAD is to spend Nov-Mar in New Zealand.
Jack

Or Naples, FL , or surrounding vicinity.

Old December 10th 03, 09:12 PM
Lauri Levanto

Just for the record, I'm not she though the Finnish name
is often understood as female.

For the second, I do not trust my cat as a kiln sitter.
-lauri

Moonraker wrote:

Mebbe she has one of those programable kiln sitters that's doing double
duty?

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
news
oh, duuuh. m

"Moonraker" wrote in message
.. .
Even in Finland, they have "timers", eh?

"Michele Blank" wrote in

message
how would one switch it on BEFORE awakening?? m

"Lauri Levanto" wrote in message
here in Finnland it is recommended to switch the
"daylught lamp" on 30-45 mins before wakening.
So you wake up into a sunny morning every day.
I have not yet tried it, however.
-lauri

Very OT - Recommendations for Gamecube Games? Karen_AZ Beads 9 December 2nd 04 06:07 AM
Lighting for showing beads Soluxlamps Beads 0 November 4th 04 06:45 PM
Book Recommendations? Pam Beads 1 March 29th 04 10:45 PM
soldering gun/iron recommendations? Jennifer Moore Beads 17 December 6th 03 01:43 AM