What's everyone up to?

Old February 22nd 05, 02:11 AM
Janet R

I absolutely love your birdbath!

I have a koi pond too...a bit more traditional though, LOL. The cullet idea
is awesome. We do the local pond tour...maybe I will make some glass
goodies for decoration!

Janet R

"Steve J. Noll" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:38:04 -0800, Kalera Stratton
wrote:

I was wondering what kinds of projects people are currently working on?
I make beads and some fused work, bowls, jewelry pieces and etc. but the
most interesting (ie "challenging") thing I've done lately is making
small magnifying paperweights that consist of a clear core, a design in
a sort of "tube" inside the weight, and a flat, polished bottom. You
look down through the tube to see the objects beneath magnified.

Just finished this one Sunday:

http://www.kissingfrogs.tv/birdbath.html

A birdbath made with glass, gold leaf, and copper.
Would liked to have slumped the bowl, but my kiln is a little too
small.

Steve J. Noll | Ventura California (USDA Zone 10)

Old February 22nd 05, 04:51 AM
starlia

Awe, that's awesome! Very cool.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old February 22nd 05, 04:54 AM
starlia

I'm in the midst of making some custom stained glass layouts. I don't want
to make the stained glass just the patterns. If I have to the glass I have
all the tools but it's just not my thing. I do however love to come up with
custom designs and I'm working on a new set of custom cabinet panels with
cactus/SW themes. I am working the designs up on paper then I'll transfer
them to the computer for sizing, etc.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Janet R" wrote in message
m...
I made my first Hollow bead! I have been lampworking since Dec. 04...and
so I decided to give it a try. It's not the prettiest I have seen...but I
will keep it forever!

Janet R

http://www.beadwife.com

Old February 22nd 05, 05:36 AM
Steve J. Noll

Thanks Kalera, that was a one-of.
Not sure what the next project will be, except that it will involve
glass and light.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:07:40 -0800, Kalera Stratton
wrote:

WOW, that is HOT! I love it. Do you often do pieces like that, or was
that a one-off?