Blackening Lead Came

Old November 3rd 03, 01:34 PM
jk

My lifetime supply of lampblack was about to finally run out. I had an
old bottle of Black India ink that I use for stamp pads. The stuff is
incredably insidious. It's so concentrated that one tiny droplet tends to
escape the bottle and spread its way all over the place as I try to clean it
up. I figured that was a perfect fit. I've been using it in my putty mix
with great results. Like lampblack, a tiny bit gives me jet black glazing
compound.

--
JK Sinrod NY
Sinrod Stained Glass

Old November 3rd 03, 02:41 PM
Bart V

Put a cold spoon in the yellow part of a candle flame and lamp black
will deposit on the spoon.

Huh? You mean the extremely fine black black powdery stuff I
keep brushing off the firebricks in my fireplace are fair game?
I've been using black tinting from the paint store, the stuff they use
to tint/color paint. They gave me a cup full for free, not sure if
it's proper in the SG world, but it sure works.
Bart.

custom compensated banjo bridges,
tabs, stained glass: www.haruteq.com

**may your moments of need be met by moments of compassion**

Old November 3rd 03, 03:11 PM
Javahut

"Bart V" wrote in message
Put a cold spoon in the yellow part of a candle flame and lamp black
will deposit on the spoon.

Huh? You mean the extremely fine black black powdery stuff I
keep brushing off the firebricks in my fireplace are fair game?
I've been using black tinting from the paint store, the stuff they use
to tint/color paint. They gave me a cup full for free, not sure if
it's proper in the SG world, but it sure works.
Bart.

That is the stuff I use in my formula, I have a 25 lb bag of it, for the
last 6 yrs, with maybe 2 lbs gone.
Works great, goes far, substitute for carbon black for across the board.

real lead flashing - for dolls houses stephen chester Doll Houses 5 November 9th 04 05:23 PM
Moving shop to FL. Would like to clear out inventory of glass and lead... G^2 Glass 9 October 13th 03 01:31 AM
Lead came Deborah Glass 4 September 20th 03 06:35 AM
Lead Poisoning (was Slide Pendant) Carol in SLC Beads 3 September 5th 03 09:55 PM
Use of Brass Coated Lead Came Gloria Glass 3 August 19th 03 05:26 AM