What did Santa bring?

Old December 25th 05, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did Santa bring?

Several CDs (which I listen to in my lair) and a gift certificate from
my LQS. And a few other fun things as well--including a purple
cutting mat.

DH got a laser level, he was a bit surprised bit will understand once
my next quilt is done.

Mary
Old December 25th 05, 11:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

DH & I stopped exchanging gifts years ago. If we want something, we buy it.
We have an agreement with everyone else, that we only buy for the grandkids.
DH & I usually buy some different types of food to eat that we don't
normally eat throughout the year. We have different cheeses, crackers, and
smoked sausage. It varies from year to year. We do the same thing for New
Year's Eve and New Year's Day with black-eye peas added. I keep seeing
reference to a Bernina Swiss Army knife. What is this?

Sherry Starr

"KJ" wrote in message
news%Crf.674611$xm3.174045@attbi_s21...
I'm patiently waiting reports on what goodies Santa brought you all.
Santa came early this year and took me to Scotland with all the shopping
exeditions included. Oh, I guess I did get a new set of tires on my van
the other day. Merry Christmas to me! Almost as expensive as my plane
ticket!
Hope you all had a great day. Time to slice the roast and set the table.
KJ

Old December 26th 05, 12:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well since i don't have a DH i rely on my 2 children to buy me a gift .. and
they done well.. I got 2 cd's ( Matt Dusk and Anouk) and 2 books ( Jane
Fonda's My life and a beautiful love story by Carol Drinkwater ) they also
bought me a lottery ticket to win 20 mil Euro on new years eve (yayy) and
my son chose a very beautiful black and very soft scarf for me to wear at
work (when the airconditioning is on i often feel the cold on my neck and
shoulders). He has good taste. I told them that in the new year i plan to
lose some weight ( yes again..) and they bought me a scale with body fat
monitor to weigh myself on .
I guess they want me to be serious about this huh? lol
I am very content with my pressies and am going to bed now with Matt Dusk
singing to me to sleep..... see y'all tomorrow..
All you wonderful people: have a wonderful day !!

FiederhummingtwoshotsofhappyEls.
"KJ" schreef in bericht

Old December 26th 05, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 20:09:07 GMT, "KJ" wrote:

I'm patiently waiting reports on what goodies Santa brought you all. Santa
came early this year and took me to Scotland with all the shopping
exeditions included. Oh, I guess I did get a new set of tires on my van the
other day. Merry Christmas to me! Almost as expensive as my plane ticket!
Hope you all had a great day. Time to slice the roast and set the table.
KJ

Nothing from Santa this year, but:

- a pot of hyacinths my friend Julia potted
- a pot of daffodils Julia potted
- David Copperfield, from Keith
- a mirror trinket for the Welsh dresser from William
- a lovely owl bookmark (thanks Sally!)

My sister is putting together a box of things to send later (I think
she's looking for a pair of trousers for hard-to-fit-Jo).
Merry Christmas all.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old December 26th 05, 12:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Omelets in a bag? Enlighten me!
KJ

"elspeth" wrote in message
ink.net...
A beautiful leather coat my DH brought back from Argentina (unfortunately I
need to lose a few pounds for it to fit well), a computer cam and
microphone/headset combo so we can chat "live" while he is away in Denmark
for the next 6 months, a quilt square a day calendar from my
granddaughters, a James Avery charm necklace with several new charms to add
to the vintage charms I have picked up on E-Bay. We made omelets in a bag
for breakfast -- lots of fun and very tasty and I didn't have to cook
them! We are waiting for the legs of lamb to be finished and then will sit
down for lamb and couscous to be followed by a chocolate fountain fondu.
All in all an absolutely lovely day.

It sounds like others have had a great day also. My happiest Holiday
wishes to all.

Old December 26th 05, 12:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Johanna Gibson wrote:
On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 20:09:07 GMT, "KJ" wrote:

I'm patiently waiting reports on what goodies Santa brought you all. Santa
came early this year and took me to Scotland with all the shopping
exeditions included. Oh, I guess I did get a new set of tires on my van the
other day. Merry Christmas to me! Almost as expensive as my plane ticket!
Hope you all had a great day. Time to slice the roast and set the table.
KJ

Nothing from Santa this year, but:

- a pot of hyacinths my friend Julia potted
- a pot of daffodils Julia potted

These would be wonderful!! The hyacinths smell wonderful! And I adore
all bulb flowers

- David Copperfield, from Keith

The book I hope - if you mean the magician I just might be jealous lol

Roberta (in VA)
Old December 26th 05, 12:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 20:09:07 GMT, "KJ" wrote:

I'm patiently waiting reports on what goodies Santa brought you all. Santa
came early this year and took me to Scotland with all the shopping
exeditions included. Oh, I guess I did get a new set of tires on my van the
other day. Merry Christmas to me! Almost as expensive as my plane ticket!
Hope you all had a great day. Time to slice the roast and set the table.
KJ

Oh, and 3 jars of organic, sugar-free peanut butter, plus a set of
20 notecards with cats on them, and a diary for 2006....

-- Jo in Scotland

Old December 26th 05, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The only quilty thing was a subscription to Love of Quilting magazine.
But I got a nice fleece top, a beautiful gold chain for a locket that
was my Mom's, a silver bracelet with a pink ribbon charm, a pedometer, a
silicone oven mitt, and some nice lotion. Best of all, I spent the day
with family

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old December 26th 05, 12:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The week before Christmas, we traded in my 2 wheel drive pick-up truck
and treated ourselves to The Beast- a big Dodge 4 door 4 wheel drive
pick-up truck. It's burgundy and has a HUGE hemi-magnum engine...
horrible gas mileage, but man does it growl nicely and it rides like a
dream! (My poor arthritic joints really appreciate that!) And I was
so touched... at 55 y.o. and a couple of marriages behind me My Hunky
Mr. Collins gave me a birthstone (dark blue sapphire) ring and necklace
with (petite) diamonds and matching birthstone post earrings- the FIRST
jewelry I have ever received from a man other than a wedding ring! He
also gave me a box of chocolates, a burgundy colored compact umbrella
to keep in The Beast, a lighted fishing bobber (for night fishing- I
usually have to shine a flashlight out on the lake to see if I'm
getting a nibble!) and a snazzy bookmarker- I tend to use rubber bands
or pieces of paper. vbg DDS#1 gave me a book- Quilter's Computer
Companion. Now I can try to learn to design with my computer rather
than graph paper and colored pencils. DDS#2 and DDIL bought us a laser
level. I see several of us received them- how do they apply to
quilting??? His DD#1 and DSIL gave me a pretty basket filled with
goodies- shower gel, small quilting supplies, some lovely candies and 4
FQs. My parents gave us a set of sheets- yummy 550 thread count, but
they are the size for the guest room bed... I didn't say anything as it
would have upset mom that she bought queen instead of king. Oh well...
the guest room needs sheets, too. ;-) And my dearest Big Sis (you
know her as Pat on her hill) sent us a marvelous "document" with the
Collins coat-of-arms and family history. What an amazing, fascinating
gift!

We had all our children and spouses and the granddarlings that live
around here for dinner yesterday and had a wonderful time. I think
this was my best Christmas ever- and that's not even including the
gifts and truck!

Leslie (so happy!) & The Furbabies in MO.